The Web Content Specialist is responsible for the majority of the content of Western’s public web site. This position reports to Marketing Communications (MarCom) but works primarily with the cross departmental Western Web Team (WWT). Duties:
- Content Curation/Coordination: Responsible for planning, developing and translating web content/visuals for marketing specific purposes (e.g. “Fact Sheets,” news stories, images, profiles, campaigns, etc.) to the web medium and distributing that content appropriately throughout the site. Serves as a liaison between the University’s MarCom team and individuals across campus who have responsibility for departmental web pages. Makes recommendations for best practices for user experience, usability, SEO, navigation, user analytics and accessibility. Collaborates with the WWT on content aspects of major additions and redesigns.
- Content Review: Responsible for planning and executing the ongoing systematic review and update of content throughout the site in collaboration with the WWT. Reviews content created by distributed authors for quality, accuracy, adherence to brand standards, marketing message and accessibility. Works with the WWT to train and advise distributed authors.
- Project/Team Management: Ensures all web content projects are executed on time and within budget through effective scheduling, staff coordination and client relationships. Collaborates with the MarCom content creation team and, in collaboration with the Assistant Director, coordinates the MarCom team for web project management. Supervises student workers/interns as appropriate.
- Cross-team Support: Provide back up to other web and digital staff: In the absence of other members of the MarCom and IT team: provide event approval and support via the Localist platform, monitor and post to social media, create and/or edit web pages.
- Other: Performs additional duties, including but not limited to supporting senior leadership, team cross training and committee representation.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proficiency with web CMS, preferably Drupal
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proven organizational, leadership and project management skills including the ability to think tactically and strategically
- Solid understanding of web accessibility (WCAG 2.0) requirements
- General understanding of SEO concepts
- Strong attention to detail; and demonstrated organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Two years of experience using a CMS to manage content in a complex, multifaceted website
- At least two years of experience copy writing, editing and proofreading
- Experience working on a team composed of marketing specialists, designers, web developers and managers
- At least one year of experience managing internal and/or external client relations
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Web production skills with proficiency in HTML, professional graphic software applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and an understanding of digital media capabilities and limitations (color space, bandwidth, etc.)
- Solid skills in digital manipulation of images, including color-correcting, resizing, compressing, converting and rendering a variety of media into common digital formats
- Experience using email campaign software.
- Proficiency in AP style
- Proven ability to organize complex information and apply design principles to make content easy to read and navigate
- Experience in higher ed or other industry with intangible product
- Experience teaching web communication concepts to a non-technical audience
- At least one year of supervisory/team management experience
Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or other relevant degree.
Additional Application Information:
Compensation: $35,000 to $40,000 per year, DOE. The position is FLSA exempt and not overtime eligible. Excellent shared contribution insurance and retirement plans, paid time off and access to other University benefits.
How to Apply:
Visit www.western.edu/jobs and use our online application (scroll up the page and select the “Apply” link). Required attachments to your online application include a cover letter describing your interest in the position, your resume, transcripts and a list of three employment references.
Applications review begins May 21, 2018. Position open until filled. Please contact email@example.com for application information.
Western State Colorado University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
WSCU offers a comprehensive employee benefits package including:
- Retirement plans with substantial employer matching
- Shared contribution health and dental insurance
- Employer paid disability and life insurance plans
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- And many other “perks”… visit our webpage for all the details!
To apply for this job please visit agency.governmentjobs.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.