AWS Training and Certification is passionate about training customers of all shapes and sizes and revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud IT skills and careers. We are looking for a Web and Content Manager with strong organization, collaboration, and communication skills to become fluent in our voice, and quickly and effectively create and manage a range of written materials on a variety of topics and in a variety of forms, including our website messaging.
In this role, you will develop an understanding of the Training and Certification business and our customer, partner, and internal audiences. You will define the content strategy for how we communicate about AWS Training and Certification on our websites. You will partner closely with Marketing, UX, and Design teams to identify the needs and goals of our audiences, define customer journeys and experiences with our websites, create compelling content to help customers understand and engage with our offerings, and build and manage webpages to drive conversion. You will also create and project manage marketing materials for multiple marketing channels, including website, blogs, email, social media, etc.
This role requires the ability to analyze messaging and content effectiveness, modify programs based on conclusions, and clearly articulate results to stakeholders. The ideal candidate must have superior communication skills, strong attention to detail, a collaborative work style, and an unparalleled work ethic. You are passionate about technology and training, and helping articulate complex technical concepts in simple terms that make sense to customers. You also have a track record of success in developing website marketing strategies, leading website redesigns, and a strong background in audience targeting and segmentation. The right candidate is extremely data-driven and comfortable with planning and executing on various stages of marketing programs; demonstrated experience working effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment with a strong desire to roll up your sleeves; and proven experience managing priorities and working effectively across a number of internal stakeholders.
- Own and maintain our Training and Certification webpages, including structure, experience, and content.
- Craft and maintain compelling audience-specific content and experiences for our website.
- Maintain a clear and consistent brand voice and develop fluency in our communication style.
- Collaborate with marketing, UX, and design teams to ensure website content and experience drives conversion and complements marketing goals.
- Write clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy that can be used on the website and other communications (e.g., video, email, blogs, and social media).
- Develop and manage detailed project plans and editorial schedules, including goals, messaging, call to action, and distribution channels.
- Use data and testing to optimize and improve content and targeting for Training and Certification marketing programs and campaigns.
- Understand and respond to testing metrics and performance data to define, adjust, and influence the direction of creative writing.
- Identify content that can be further developed for other marketing pieces, such as videos, blogs, social media, etc.
- Partner with digital marketing teams to stay up-to-date on all new tools, understand best practices, and leverage the learnings and economies of scale.
- Work effectively across AWS with groups such as Training and Certification, Product Marketing, UX, Partner, and Public Sector to achieve business goals.
- Manage multiple priorities as an independent, self-starter with excellent time management within a rapidly evolving business.
- 7+ years’ professional experience in marketing and/or digital/high-technology companies/products.
- An online portfolio of work demonstrating website and branded content experience across a range of brands or industries.
- Experience creating content for online platform and managing website redesigns, including content strategy, user journeys, and driving conversion.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Well versed in writing marketing content where grammatical and material accuracy was essential, including, but not limited to: web copy, emails, blogs, brochures and other print collateral.
- Creativity coupled with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with industry tools and analytics packages including email, social, web analytics, CRM, business intelligence and marketing automation platforms.
- Experience building test and learn plans that continuously improve program engagement and effectiveness, with a focus driving engagement with websites.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, advertising, communications, or relevant field of study.
- Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment; IT/technology marketing experience preferred.
- Copyediting and/or technical editing experience.
- Web experience in Adobe CQ a plus
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to executives and stakeholders.
- Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
To apply for this job please visit us-amazon.icims.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.