Hireologys technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last seven years, weve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 150 team members, and built an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
Its with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a dedicated UX Designer to our User Experience.
As part of our User Experience team, you would be joining a small but passionate group of individuals who work daily to improve our users experience. We work with Product to help scope, design, and test new features and interfaces. We work with Engineering to help breathe life into those interfaces and bring them to our users. We work with Customer Success to understand and address existing pain points.
Youll be tasked with understanding use cases, exploring innovative UI solutions, and identifying usability problems. Throughout the design process, youll create and communicate UX flows, develop mockups, and contribute to user personas. Youll design clean, modern interfaces across different browsers and devices using the latest responsive methods. During all of this, youll participate in user testing sessions, continuing to refine the experience for our users.
Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering and UX teams work remotely, so you’ll have the option of working from the comfort of your home or right in our office if you’re local. Compensation is competitive, and we offer a full benefits package. We have regular company-wide events, semi-annual team gatherings, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
As one of our UX Designers, youll be responsible for:
- Developing sketches, diagrams, and designs.
- Collaborating with engineers, product managers, and users to deliver amazing experiences
- Working closely with our Product Managers to solve business problems.
- Advocating, designing, and planning qualitative and quantitative design experiments for our products
- Being a user-advocate during the entire development process
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role:
- Considers User Experience as more than just aesthetics
- Constantly searches for simplicity
- Loves constructive criticism
- Is obsessed with understanding the way people work and think
- Is comfortable doing user research and intelligently integrating findings into your work
- Has the ability to distill key issues from usability tests and implement practical solutions
- Has the flexibility and agility to iterate or change design direction based on external feedback
- Has a passion for design and great user experience
- Works well both in a collaborative team environment and independently
- Is a lifelong learner with a continuous eye for improving craft
- Is a highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude
Okay, weve laid out what the job is – now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications were looking for in a UX Designer. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- A minimum of 2 years of user experience or product design experience
- Experience designing complex web applications
- Strong knowledge of user experience design, information architecture, interaction design, and website development methodology
- Familiar with conducting user research
- A working understanding of personas, journey maps, and usability testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with our Director of People. This is a high level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Come in to the office to meet with our VP of Product and Manager of Implementation. This is a great opportunity to learn about where the product you are working on came from, where it is now, and where we hope to take it.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Meet virtually with some of the remote team. We want to give you some idea of the people you will be working with. We ask the serious questions here, like your top three movies.
- Talk to our CEO, Adam Robinson. Adam has spoken to nearly every hire that has ever been made at Hireology. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
To apply for this job please visit hireology.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.