The Social Media Writer and Editor (B2B) will help manage McAfee’s digital image, providing exceptional, informative and engaging social content, including brand awareness and reputation management. We are looking for a senior level professional, with a good sense of what makes an interesting angle for a story. You will write, review and edit social media content. The successful candidate will assist with our social editorial activities, including determining key topics, and writing blogs and social postings based on selected topics.
- Develop and write content to communicate relevant messaging and stories to the right audience at the right time, based on real-time insights.
- Create and edit assets, such as: blog entries, LinkedIn Pulse posts, social cards and postings for our Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook channels.
- Work closely with bloggers and content writers to create engaging content that is targeted toward our customers, partners and prospects (including ghost writing).
- Actively engage in third party networks and sites (enterprise security focused).
- Represent McAfee’s brand in a transparent and human way.
- Assist in the distribution of social content across McAfee social media channels, encompassing visual and post copy storytelling best practices, and in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Lead & participate in regular meetings with key Mcafee stakeholders to drive the development of differentiated, topical and authentic content and integrated programs.
- Assist in maintaining a content calendar to ensure the right mix of evergreen, curated and content assets:
- Provide recommendations for asset development, as well as usage and content distribution.
- Collaborate closely with internal groups to manage the flow of multiple concurrent campaigns and content programs.
- Ensure all content assets meet audience needs at various communication points and stages, with the input of internal stakeholders. Conversation Monitoring & Social Listening
- Use audience insights to create relevant, value add content to drive real-time engagement with McAfee audiences.
- Report on campaign performance, and determined KPIs, on an on-going basis.
- 3-4 years of proven work experience in social media marketing, as a digital media writer and editor, creating content for consumption on social channels.
- 2-3 years of experience writing social media content, such as writing and ghost writing blog and social media postings (Twitter, LinkedIn and others).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations preferred.
- Excellent writing skills (English) and an excellent portfolio.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of online marketing and major social media channels.
- 3-4 years of program and project management work experience.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Adequate knowledge of SEO.
- Proven ability to work effectively cross functionally, and with the executive level.
- Positive attitude, attention to detail and customer oriented, with good multitasking and organizational abilities.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, Texas, Plano
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mcafee.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.