Motor Trend Group is seeking a part-time/full-time Intern, Social Media for the El Segundo, CA office.
Motor Trend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world, bringing together Discovery’s fast-growing Velocity network and a vast automotive digital, direct-to-consumer, social and live event portfolio, including Motor Trend, Hot Rod, Roadkill, Automobile, and more than 20 other industry-leading brands. With a cumulative reach of more than 131 million, the company encompasses television’s #1 network for automotive super fans, a leading automotive YouTube Channel, and the Motor Trend app, the only auto-dedicated subscription video-on-demand service.
As an integrated member of a dynamic and collaborative team, this position will have the opportunity to shadow professionals, work under an appointed mentor, and experience on-the-job training to assist in increasing the understanding of how their department operates, and provide a mutually rewarding experience. The ideal candidate is energetic with a desire to learn in a fast-paced and challenging environment. This position will learn and participate in the following:
• Contributing to monthly reporting
• Assisting with network audits
• Content organization
• Assist with post scheduling
• Working closely with our Social Media Editorial team
Upon the internship’s completion the intern will have working knowledge of:
• Social media in a business environment
• 2-3 years of experience with various social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
• Must be a current undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited university; study in Business Marketing is preferred
• Exposure to Spredfest, Tableau, and Crowd Tangle is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work in both team and individual environments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Time management and organization skills; able to set priorities for various tasks and adapt to those priorities as needed
• Ability to maintain confidence and handle confidential information
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of channel specific social terms and trending news
• Strong Interest in digital media platforms and technologies
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and view a computer screen.
• Must be able to use computer/keyboard.
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
• Work is performed during regular business hours of the work week (Monday through Friday).
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other learning opportunities that may be assigned. The internship offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Upon completion of the internship there is no guarantee of regular employment with the company.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.