The Social Media Coordinator/Manager will be a vital part of the FC Cincinnati Communications team. The successful candidate will work to generate positive engagement and publicity for the club while also contributing to revenue-generating activities.
The Social Media Coordinator/Manager must understand the importance of strong communication skills and deadline-driven execution. Creativity, strong attention to detail, dedication, hard work and passion for soccer are musts. Photo, video, graphics (still and motion) and writing skills are a plus.
- Develop and publish creative content for the club’s primary social platforms that increases interest in the club – including the team and its players and coaches – and its activities
- Collaborate with other departments to create content that fulfills club goals and relationships, specifically relating to sponsorships, partnership marketing, retail, community relations and marketing fulfillment
- Moderate and curate FCC’s social community and identify UGC for further amplification socially
- Spearhead the social content at all FC Cincinnati games, including home and away games, plus preseason, postseason, in-season tournaments and friendlies
- Plan social campaigns and contribute to overall messaging efforts for major club events and promotions
- Track social conversations and identify concerns, including customer service and/or crisis issues, as they arise and alert necessary staff as needed
- Follow social and digital trends and offer recommendations for integration
- Track key metrics and generate reports for the club’s Senior Staff and department heads, and use the data captured to make recommendations for future improvements and success
- Represent the club at league and federation events as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Communications and Director of Digital Media
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to excel in the position:
- Experience managing social media platforms for a sports or entertainment entity
- A record of success in increasing engagement and growth in key tracking metrics
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to increase engagement and interest in the club
- Efficient worker who can balance multiple campaigns and projects and complete everything by deadline
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Represent the club in ethical and professional manners at all times
- Strong proofreading skills
- Knowledge of, and interest in, soccer and sports, as well as pop culture
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects
- Experience with Hootsuite a plus
- BS/BA in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field is required
- Professional certifications in social or digital marketing are a plus
- Coordinator: 2-3 years of professional experience for a team, league, entertainment or sports content organization
- Manager: 4-5 years of professional experience for a team, league, entertainment or sports content organization
Match Day Responsibilities
The Social Media Coordinator/Manager will have professional obligations for every FC Cincinnati game during the season, including preseason, regular-season, postseason and in-season tournaments. Additionally, any special events hosted by the club – including international friendlies – will be included.
In addition to normal business hours, weekend, evening and holiday work will be required as schedule and project workload dictates. Some travel, including international, may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.teamworkonline.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.