Senior Product Marketing Manager
The primary responsibility of this product marketing position is to create and refine the company’s narrative to advance the Workiva vision, drive awareness, create pipelines and accelerate sales cycles. This person will support solution development and solution launch in the same context, develop multi-faceted customer advocacy, and identify key industry and internal influencers. Cross-functional team collaboration is necessary including the following areas: Solutions Management, Product Management, Customer Success, and Sales. The role has impact and influence over the prioritization and direction for future growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Take the well defined Workiva value drivers and connect them to a larger story at very discrete levels including: messaging, content development, sales enablement, positioning, collateral, digital marketing, customer advocacy.
- Create the go-to-market strategy and ensure that execution of the strategic plan is consistent against the narrative.
- Help support and focus sales efforts to ensure the achievement of revenue and profit goals for specific solutions.
- Product Marketing and Sales Consulting: Provide consulting and management support to marketing and sales areas, identifying emerging market opportunities
- Identify key functional, ecosystem, and operational requirements to better serve the targeted market.
- Product Management Consulting: Provide consulting and management support to product managers and development teams, including identifying and prioritizing product features based on customer and market analysis
Skills You’ll Need:
- Passion for creating new and creative ways to communicate a solution into the marketplace.
- Ability to take big sweeping complex ideas and make them easy to understand.
- Ability to connect the value story from the idea all the way down to the most discrete aspects of the sales cycle.
- Understanding of lead generation, inside sales, and pipeline development.
- A clear perspective on how media can be used to advance awareness, drive pipeline and close business.
- Top notch team player who thrives from working in and across varying teams.
- Ability to uncover the hidden yet very real impact that a product or service has on those using it.
- A relentless thirst for understanding the nuance of your marketplace (especially the individual people that you seek to sell to).
- Ability to win the hearts and minds of customers when you work directly with them
- Be a champion of strategy and work tirelessly to drive consensus
- Operate in the discomfort of the unknown or yet to be discovered.
- A confident, comfortable, and engaging presenter
- Ability to work cross-functionally at every level
- Comfortable working with the metrics and analytics that drive decision making
- Understanding of B2B sales channels
- 7-10 years of experience in roles that relate to product marketing, including product management, marketing, inside sales, sales
- 2-3 years previous experience in a B2B SaaS company
- Prior experience working with and supporting a Sales team preferred
- High comfort level working in a technology environment; experience in the technology sector preferred
- Successful track record of building marketing and sales programs for ongoing revenue streams
Education: B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, business, or similar area of study preferred
Where You’ll Work:
At Workiva we started with an idea: make complex collaboration easy. We knew there was a better way, and that’s why we created Wdesk. Were building something amazing and that’s why its already used by thousands of companies around the globe. We are seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager to lead the way for some of our newest product initiatives.
Team: Product Marketing
Job Type: Full-Time
Locations: Nationwide (Remote)
To apply for this job please visit www.workiva.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.