Senior Product Designer
at Vox Media
NY, DC, Remote
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of networks includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
About the Role
We’re seeking an experienced designer who can be a core contributor on our Chorus team. The ideal candidate has extensive experience designing digital products, strong visual and typographic skills, and a desire to build experiences that amplify the work of editorial teams and help shape the landscape of media consumption. This role requires a balance of strong visual design work alongside an understanding of creating product design systems for our audience. A Senior Designer should be capable of self-direction, owning initiatives, and using their experience to anticipate user needs and be a strong user advocate.
You will help us craft new consumption experiences for our audience for all platforms and devices and serve a crucial role in translating our brand identities across those areas. You will provide a strong visual design point of view and help ensure our experiences are beautiful and innovative while still serving the needs of our audience, whether that is through our websites, on a mobile device, or on a partner platform.
- Lead design on the platform through hands-on work, process definition, and documentation.
- Work with editorial teams to deliver content experiences that are powerful, efficient, and delightful.
- Collect and integrate usability studies, research, and user feedback.
- Collaborate with engineers and front-end designers to implement and iterate on interactive designs.
- Connect, converse, and collaborate with teams and individuals across all of Vox Product to learn, tackle new initiatives, and meet unexpected challenges.
- Help define, improve, and steward design standards and processes.
- Create, document, and maintain design systems that are flexible and robust.
- You are a forward-thinking individual that can find creative solutions to complex problems.
- You have experience designing and prototyping mobile and web-based interfaces. Experience with app design is a bonus.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and can communicate your ideas to any audience.
- You are comfortable providing creative critique and recommendations for solutions.
- You are a team player who has the ability to work independently.
- You have experience working with user research and data to inform decisions.
- Experience with iterative data-driven design cycles is a bonus.
For more on the things we’re building and problems we’re solving, and what it’s like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog. In an effort to an provide an inclusive and respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct.
Candidates can be based out of any of our US-based Vox Media offices, or may work remotely from anywhere within the major US time zones (Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific).
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.