Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorship’s, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa processes 100s of millions of payment transactions per day and has one of the world’s most valuable data assets. The Visa Data Products Development organization has the mission of Unleashing the power of Data to drive global commerce. The Marketing Services team in Data Products Development is responsible for designing, developing and managing 15+ products that fall within one of many categories: Real time Card Linked Offers, Loyalty & Rewards Programs, Segmentation Platform, Marketing Campaign Management, Advertising Solutions, Sweepstakes, Digital Benefits and Card eligibility, Transaction Alerts and Notifications etc.
Visa is seeking a Sr. Director, Segmentation Platform to be the technology leader to build and manage Visa’s technology capabilities on this platform. This individual will operate as a trusted advisor and strategic thought partner to the broader Marketing Services Technology leadership team and business stakeholders. The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; implementing strategies and processes that enable the organization to innovate and grow. This position reports to Vice President, Marketing Services and will be based in Foster City, CA. This job will entail roughly 5-10% travel primarily within the United States and Singapore.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Strategize on the vision, define the roadmap, develop and manage architecture, technical solutions and teams for the new generation of Loyalty & Marketing platforms and products.
- Own and Drive the end-to-end development effort for on schedule, high-quality, highly scalable innovative solutions that meet the product vision and roadmaps. Responsibilities span all phases of product development including:
- Partnering with Business teams to ensure completeness and common understanding of product vision, roadmap & requirements.
- Collaborating and aligning with architects and senior technologists on proper architecture and design.
- Using Machine Learning and Deep learning techniques, create behavioral and predictive scores using Big Data technologies for cost effective scaling
- Leverage Natural Language Processing and other Artificial Intelligence techniques to build state of the art marketing solutions.
- Build and integrate data science models into the platform for better targeting and segmentation
- Leading agile engineering teams to deliver end-to-end technical solutions that meet and exceed product expectations.
- Manage and automate engineering and operations, including post implementation support.
- Drive strong client focus mindset within the team.
- Be the Engineering leader and the Organizational leader, providing guidance and support to engineering teams.
- Mentor and build world class high performing global engineering & data science teams.
- Handling routine daily activities such as coordination, coaching, mentoring, recruiting, budgeting, planning, delivery, quality, partner relationships, performance metrics, operations, efficiency, service level management, etc.
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience in architecture and development, 5+ years of management experience managing software development teams of 20 or more; budget responsibility should minimally have been around $5M; demonstrated expertise in leveraging agile and other development methodologies.
- Have a successful track record of leading large scale data projects/initiatives that represent broad strategic initiatives meeting quantifiable business objectives and resulting in tangible impact for the organization. Have set up data teams for a global company; is familiar with all aspects including strategy, planning, implementation, staffing, etc.
- Demonstrable history of successful enterprise scale architecture, design, development and rollout of products using very large volumes of data.
- 5+ years of experience in building Big data products and solutions. Experience in building data science models using Machine Learning and other neural network technologies such as Tensorflow.
- Strong track record in enabling and inspiring high performing engineering teams, including hiring, talent development, coaching, and performance management.
- Think strategically: See patterns and relationships in information and events; apply past experiences to current situations; clarify and simplify complex information; anticipate trends and possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities; consistently think and act “ahead of the curve;” anticipate and effectively respond with urgency to immediate opportunities; operate proactively; identify and address long-term opportunities.
- Excellent verbal, written & presentation skills.
- Big data development on large Hadoop clusters using Spark, Scala, Python, Java, RESTful APIs and Angular technologies.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other technology field or equivalent experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.