At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
What you need to know about the job
Director/Sr. Director of Product & Solutions Marketing, Aruba Networks
The Director/Senior Director of Product and Solutions Marketing will excel in a dynamic, fast paced environment leading the team responsible for Cloud and Software product marketing. This leader will focus on all elements of product marketing, working closely with product management, the BU VP and GM, field marketing, corporate marketing, and sales leadership. The successful candidate will have experience developing GTM strategies, product & solutions positioning/messaging, sales enablement, and integrated marketing plans.
Reporting Line: VP of Product & Solutions Marketing (based in Santa Clara)
- Establish the go-to-market vision and strategy for the product portfolio and communicate that vision and strategy across the organization
- Develop deep understanding of the target audience by gathering insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process.
- Drive an audience-centric marketing approach within the organization, ensuring that messaging, content and campaign strategies are centered around customer buying needs
- Oversee and provide direction for the creation and socialization of marketing plans, sales enablement plans, launch plans
- Oversee and provide input into the process for creating product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with the target buyers
- Ensure that product marketing managers are providing source messaging documents for use by downstream marketing functions such as campaign, demand and content teams
- Partner with product and sales leaders to plan routes to market and ensure that product marketing managers collaborate with sales enablement to produce effective sales enablement plans for the product portfolio
- Oversee the product portfolio launch strategy and launch planning, and collaborate with product management and portfolio marketing leaders; ensure launches are integrated with campaigns
- Serve as market-facing subject matter expert (SME) for the product portfolio and interface with industry analysts as the company representative
- Oversee and provide input into the process for developing customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use
- Establish strategies to drive retention, upsell and cross-sell for the product portfolio
- Monitor and report on the performance of the product portfolio, results of related sales and marketing and efforts
- Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to guide the product marketing staff in its day-to-day activities
- Conduct routine assessments of the organization’s go-to-market processes and address gaps in performance
- Manage the hiring, development and retention of product marketing talent
- Management experience including the ability to build and grow a team
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Ability to create value propositions and messaging strategies
- Ability to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and account-based marketing programs to grow existing relationships
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Ability to navigate culture and politics across multiple functions
- Critical thinker with strong writing, communication presentation development and delivery skills
- Strong business acumen
- Goal oriented
- Strong decision maker
- Comfortable working with senior leadership
- Creative and innovative
- Empathetic to buyers, customers, users and sales resources
- Highly collaborative, able to work across functional teams
- Detail oriented, well organized, efficient with time management
- Executive presence and demeanor
- Five to 10 years of product marketing experience
- Formal experience managing direct reports and teams
- Formal experience in managing budget
- Related market/industry experience desirable
- Technical/product category experience desirable
- Product management experience a plus
- Santa Clara
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hpe.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.