The Sr. Director, Marketing will be focused on driving the day-to-day operations within the department, with a strong emphasis on integration, and execution. Key areas of focus will include the development and execution of the monthly catalog to nearly 25 million customers, print production, ad development, integration of activities across the other functional parts of the business and media. Media includes, though is not limited to the strategic planning and buying of all national and local media including but not limited to newspaper, shared mail, free-standing inserts, magazines and local publications. Critical to this role is a focus on process and continuous improvement within the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide operating support for the VP, Marketing/ eCommerce, and partner with those who lead Creative, Digital and Customer retention activities to optimize all marketing activities
- Collaboratively lead, inspire trust and loyalty, motivate and develop a high performing marketing team
- Directly manage the Media, Analytics Operations and Print Production Teams. Proactively manage workload and develop highly tuned calendars to ensure proper execution and prioritization
- Create processes and systems across the department in order to gain efficiencies and effectiveness in the marketing organization.
- Collaboratively help drive advertising and promotion and share responsibility for developing and implementing innovative and best in class marketing plans for the business
- Oversee and direct all aspects of media buying team, including the negotiation, buying, planning and implementation process as well as all post-promotional analyses
- Build workflow and process management tools to ensure timely execution
- As required, work closely with the Executive Committee to explore and analyze new ideas, creative developments and media and to gain alignment as to the marketing strategy
- Help manage the specifics related to the marketing budget, including over $150M in spend annually
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
- Demonstrated skills in managing a high volume of projects on an ongoing basis and a comfort with the pressure, detail and ongoing workload of a high growth retail environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and demonstrated interpersonal skills.Ability to collaborate and work successfully with partners inside the department but also across all the business units across the company
- Demonstrated to help drive continuous improvement
- Innate interest in and desire for continuous learning and personal development.
- Supervises staff –both exempt, non-exempt employees as well as vendors
- Financial Scope- Working knowledge of the budget and tracking to ensure efficiency
- Organizational Scope – All US locations/Single Category/Region/District/Distribution Center
- Decision Making – Creates policy and resolves problems
- Travel – likely limited
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA is a plus.
- Respected and trusted leader with a proven track record of achievement.
- 10 years or more of marketing experience in a customer-centric, high volume environment, with experience in a multi-channel retailer and/or deep print production a major plus
- Demonstrated track record of managing a high volume of marketing programs, an extensive monthly deliverables calendar and the ability to continue to build better processes on the fly. Sound analytical and problem solving skills and experience driving insights from data. Ability to perform deep quantitative analysis and modeling a strong plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in direct marketing, retail, and eCommerce required; experience in consumer goods or service companies helpful.
- Experience assessing existing marketing tactics and approaches within the marketing organization and making improvements where necessary.
- Specific depth of experience in direct mail/database marketing is preferred but not required.
- Technical skills such as excel, Cognos, Tableau and other BI tools. Knowledge of database and programming (e.g., SQL, VBA, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Collaborating with category teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing a wide variety of stakeholders, particularly in situations where Marketing may have accountability for doing the work but not have control over all decisions
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong decision-making skills and an understanding of where projects fit into overall Company and development strategies.
- Demonstrated integrity and maturity, and a constructive approach to challenges.
- Ability to operate independently given direction, and bring ideas and solutions to issues raised
- Strong passion for both speed and simplicity.
- Interpersonal savvy; an ability to effectively work with and connect with all levels of employees across multiple functions and geographies.
- Detail-oriented and operationally-focused.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce desired tangible outcomes within tight timeframes.
- Strong project planning, tracking & organizing skills.
- Takes initiative & brings impeccable follow-up skills.
- Strong sense of autonomy but proven ability to be fiercely collaborative
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple activities and assignments simultaneously.
- BS/BA or University degree in Business or similar field; MBA preferred
- Experience working in a consumer packaged goods (CPG), fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and/or consumer durables industry strongly preferred
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We’re not your typical retailer. We’re a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We’re also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We’re a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.