Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Lead global Integrated marketing communication & strategy for Westin, Le Meridien and Renaissance brands. This role will develop and implement global integrated marketing communication strategies that are aligned with business and brand objectives. Leading the Integrated Marketing team and working closely with media agencies and Marriott’s media Center of Excellence, this would include the development of global strategies and execution in The Americas across paid, earned and owned channels targeting both consumer and B2B audiences and provide guidance and oversight globally. This role requires close collaboration with other internal organizations such continent brand/CRMS teams, PR, social, partnerships, digital, marketing, sales, loyalty and the media COE.
Education and Experience Preferred
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related; MBA preferred.
- 10 years of relevant professional experience in brand management/brand operations experience, with experience leading an organization in the development of multi-media marketing plans or in leadership position at global media agency.
- Heavy experience in digital is important, with hotel experience a plus.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Core Work Activities
- Leads and oversees the strategic planning and of marketing communication programs within the following channels: paid (digital and offline), earned (PR) and owned (web, emails, social, sales channels, lead gen) Includes development of consumer journeys by business segment for each brand.
- Leads brief creation and collaborates with media COE to brief the relevant media agencies and team on key brand objectives, communication strategies, and target audiences, and evaluates and inputs on the development of marketing that meets those objectives.
- Allocates and manages communication budgets with approval and partnership of brand marketing/management leads.
- Monitors and optimizes communication plans based on key metric results. Includes monitoring key business and brand health metrics. Identifies opportunities or gaps.
- Collaborates with Brand teams to determine creative within plans.
- Collaborates with PR, social and partnerships along with brand to determine opportunities and ensure one brand voice is presented to the marketplace.
- Collaborates with continent and COE to ensure “down funnel” marketing (search, prospecting, remarketing) tactics drive bookings, including monitoring results and optimizing bookings and ROI.
- Partners with sales and brand teams to determine B2B marketing & tools to help support the sales force in driving group and corporate transient bookings.
- Collaborates with digital and brand on website and landing page environments. Determines how to optimize results.
- Collaborates with loyalty to leverage lead generation and email communications to member database.
- Partners with Continents and Field Marketing on marketing communication plans.
Managing Responsibilities with Stakeholders
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Assists direct reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.
Leading and Managing Teams
- Hires, develops, and retains diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
- Continuously improves team and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Builds teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance. Identifies talents of direct reports, and assists with their growth and development plans.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department.
Managing Projects and Priorities
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work for self and direct reports.
- Provides direction and assistance to other teams regarding projects. Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new plans or programs. Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the quality of the teams’ operations.
- Provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes or programs.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Shows an understanding of the needs of different customer/stakeholder segments and develops appropriate service strategies.
- Creates a service‐oriented environment and empowers others to build strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder feedback and metrics to improve service delivery.
- Uses appropriate risk management resources when serious customer/stakeholder situations occur.
- Creates and coaches others on promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Champions the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Ensures processes are in place to address concerns related to equity and fair treatment.
- Brings together people with diverse backgrounds to drive innovation and engagement.
- Establishes diverse partnerships across the industry, profession, and Company.
- Champions the attraction, development, and retention of a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Ensures that all associates have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Implements programs that promote inclusion and engagement.
- Ensures strategies are in place to promote inclusion, enhance engagement, and maximize business results.
- Builds strong working relationships across departments or teams.
- Models and coaches others on creating an open, trusting, and supportive work environment.
- Coaches others on how their behavior impacts coworkers and the work environment.
- Coaches direct reports to work together to set expectations for achieving shared goals.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Creates and holds direct reports accountable for building an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
- Sets and models expectations for required behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Provides ongoing feedback and customized coaching to others.
- Develops others by identifying needs and setting appropriate department, team, and individual goals.
- Conducts talent reviews across the business and develops succession plans for key leadership positions.
- Networks with high potential leaders and coaches others on targeted recruitment efforts.
- Uses available recruiting and hiring tools, brings together hiring teams, and makes hiring decisions.
- Supports successful on‐boarding of new hires.
- Continuously improves department, program, team, and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Puts systems and processes in place to manage department and program performance.
- Brings together the appropriate talent levels and mix of skill sets to drive innovation and performance.
- Establishes and ensures understanding of the scope of decision-making authority for team members.
- Models and holds direct reports accountable for using meetings and other forums to regularly communicate.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marriott.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.