We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Sr. Copywriter is a key creative team member, supporting Western Digital marketing efforts by providing articulate copywriting, creative ideas and strategic input for marketing programs that drive enterprise and commercial sales and strengthen the Western Digital brand.
Under limited supervision and utilizing previous B2B marketing experience, the Sr. Copywriter will ensure that all copy clearly communicates the necessary ideas to meet business objectives, has good overall flow and personifies the voice and tone of the Western Digital brand.
The ideal copywriter will distill technical concepts into clear, effective communications, is highly organized, and works effectively with a range of content contributors throughout Corporate Marketing and the Western Digital enterprise and commercial business units. The Sr. Copywriter will team up with Product and Brand Marketing to articulate product differentiation and then ensure that the brand’s overall position, mission and values are expressed in a variety of materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, outlines, writes and edits copy and messaging for enterprise and commercial marketing materials (including but not limited to solution briefs, case studies, blogs, data sheets, trade show ads, product collateral, message maps, sales tools, video scripts, outbound email, presentations, and web content), based on interviews and background materials
- Interacts with Brand Marketing, Product Marketing, Marcom, Web team, Regional Marketing teams worldwide
- Proofreads and edits copy to ensure it is accurate, clearly written and adheres to all style guides and corporate and commercial brand standards.
- Partners with Brand and Creative teams to develop concepts/layout options for highly visible marketing initiatives and assets; responsible for writing content that clearly and creatively articulates these concepts
- Ensures all messaging assets are up-to-date and relevant to the current marketing strategy and brand voice
- Manages legal review; ensures copy is regulatory-compliant
- Works with the Legal team to establish writing standards
- Coordinates multiple copy projects simultaneously; Manages multiple feedback streams and exercises judgment in incorporating feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or equivalent
- 5-7 years of professional writing experience as part of a corporate marketing team
- Experience developing concepts and copy for a wide range of B2B marketing materials, preferably in the high-tech industry
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Makes complex information digestible, engaging and motivating
- Proactively communicates and presents creative ideas and content to peers and management
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, methodical, results-oriented, strong project manager
- Self-motivated, proactive, adaptable, and a team player
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint
At the forefront of flash memory storage, industry-leading SanDisk-branded integrated and embedded solutions deliver the possibilities of data for data centers and mobile devices, enabling fast and reliable data access. SanDisk, WD, HGST and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world’s target data storage company and flash memory leader.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sandisk.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.