Careers that Change Lives
Make an impact on our patient outcomes by developing and executing a comprehensive communication process for US Spine to deliver to sales and customers.
Working closely with US Spinal Region and cross functional internal teammates, to develop and execute a comprehensive US Spinal Region communication process – identifying and creating content, leveraging digital marketing tools/resources and social media channels targeting sales reps/internal stakeholders, patients, surgeons/HCPs. Identify key metrics to analyze. Make recommendations for enhancements and other channels to consider.
A Day in the Life
- Your will manage multiple, complex content streams for internal and external communications focused on multiple customer segments – sales, patients, hospital administrators, and surgeon/HCP customers
- Drive 7 different communications workstreams that include, but are not limited to the following: emails, text messages, voicemail recordings, monthly newsletters, meeting/webcast requests/invites, social media content and metric management.
- You will create, run, and manage weekly communication planning meetings for the U.S. Region to first organize all communication plans for the team and then present weekly at U.S. Region Staff Meeting.
- Partner with SMEs (Product Managers) to develop content and provide input into messaging and delivery channels that improve efficiency and drive action towards adopting focused procedural solutions.
- Work cross functionally with all marketers in the U.S. Region to become “ingrained” with entire team and all team activities.
- Identify opportunities and suggest new ways to further incorporate interactive, video, and social media platforms into regular internal and external communication channels.
- Conduct periodic audits / engage with multiple customer segments to propose and execute new content ideas to reach the intended audiences.
- Develop standard operating procedures around key content marketing communications processes and initiatives, establishing roadmaps for colleagues and cross-functional partners to follow in support of commercial activity.
- Manage and execute social media content strategy – including managing the development of standard operating procedures for pushing content thru social channels.
- Collaborate with Business Unit Public Relations staff to identify opportunities to maximize reach and impact.
- Travel requirement (domestic): 30-40%
General responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, creates, and produces marketing, advertising, and sales promotion materials to implement marketing strategies and sales objectives.
- Produces informational material for the sales force and for communications media to reach maximum number of customers and prospects.
- Evaluates and modifies promotion or advertising programs.
- Prepares and/or approves all technical and artistic phases of the finished promotional material.
- Consults with company management, product managers, sales department, and advertising agencies to develop and implement promotional plans and recommend sales philosophy, approach, and media.
- May purchase promotional materials including, but not limited to, displays/signage/pre-packs, promotional printing, coupons, premiums, art, and photography.
- May perform, coordinate, or oversee activities such as layout, sales kit preparation, display arrangement, internet promotions and sales outline writing.
- May choose agency and source of placement.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience in communications, journalism, marketing or related, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in communications, journalism, marketing or related
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related discipline
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Project management and cross functional collaboration skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with social media platforms and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple functions, external consulting groups, and drive projects to completion from beginning (ideation) to end (launch).
- Demonstrated ability to push forward multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, prioritizing as needed based on business timelines, focuses, and constraints.
- Demonstrated interested in spine, medical device, health care, or technology as this position will need to integrate into spinal product marketing team.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.medtronic.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.