Principal UI Designer with Banking Domain experience (US based Remote role)–18000DF7
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Principal UI Designer
Banking Domain experience
YOU ARE READY TO MAKE AN IMPACT
At Oracle, our Product Design teams combine empathy, science, and creativity to make engaging and joyful user experiences.
As a Principal UI Designer, you will put the polish on our mobile, tablet, web and IoT interfaces, deliver excellent joy-of-use and help us build deep emotional connections with our global customers. You will have knowledge of current digital design trends as well as design fundamentals. This candidate is passionate about all aspects of the digital space and understands how to translate business problems into strong interactive solutions.
YOU ARE SETTING STANDARDS
- Design excellent mobile apps or responsive web experiences including grids, typography, graphics, photography, and icons
- Go beyond screens with meaningful transitions and captivating animations
- Ensure a consistent experience across channels and devices
- Evolve and maintain UI guidelines including colors, icons, typographic specifications, graphics, photographic and motion concepts as well as other relevant elements
- Critique and improve the work of your peers and incorporate their critique into your own designs
- Collaborate closely with UX product designers, researchers, product managers, and front-end engineers
- Build high-fidelity web prototypes and iterate based on user insights
- Translate business goals, product requirements, research and testing insights into highly desirable, intuitive products
- Transform ideas and mockups into high fidelity concepts and designs
- Produce crisp, easily digestible specifications describing user needs and internal structures for the product in development
YOU ARE SKILLED
To land this job you will show and explain raw artifacts from various stages of the design process that illustrate your proven ability to:
Craftsmanship. You are fluent in design techniques, principles and tools like InVision and Sketch
The Sense of Aesthetic. You translate brand trends into powerful & distinct visual language.
Visual Design. You create great logos, illustrations, icons, and can visualize data.
Decisive. You make design and UX decisions around data and best practices, and can support and defend your design choices
Motion Design & Hi-Fi Prototyping. You build meaningful animations/transitions and testable prototypes.
Systematic Design & Visual Documentation: Abstracts design to the whole + effectively specs UID for developers. Validate the design that was developed against UX requirements.
YOU ARE OFFERED
Peers. We are hiring a highly diverse and International, accomplished User Researchers, UI Designers and Product Designers that act as a Product Design Team to drive our products to the next level.
Culture. A workplace where trust, empowerment, and feedback are valued; positive, inspiring working atmosphere. In our UX show & tell every second week, we foster knowledge sharing in our Product Design community.
Development. Mentoring; personal branding support focused on leadership; diverse career opportunities. We believe in a purpose-driven approach to motivating and developing people.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area
- 7 years digital design with experience in Banking (Retail, Business or Commercial) expertise in the areas of Originations, fulfilment, core processing, channels (internet banking, mobile banking, teller, customer call center, ATM), Fraud, risk and compliance.
- Experience with a user-centered design from concept to delivery in a digital cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, tablet devices and emerging channels
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to design and prototype elegant UI solutions to user problems
- Exceptional design skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of latest UI best practices
- Experience with using and creating user interface design patterns
- Experience working in an agile environment delivering software to production working with front-end development teams
- Deep understanding of usability and accessibility standards
- Broad understanding of website architecture, interactive design principles, web usability
- A strong sense of time management, deadlines, and the ability to adapt diverse challenges and competing priorities
- Exceptional collaboration, presentation and communication skills
- Bring out the best in others by exemplifying an enthusiastic and flexible working style and showing a willingness to work as part of a team
- A strong design portfolio
This is a remote based role and can be based anywhere in the US. We do have a strong preference for an EST or CST based candidate
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Location: United States
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
To apply for this job please visit oracle.taleo.net.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.