At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Associate, Social Media Strategist
Principal Social Media Strategist
Are you a social media marketer who is passionate about producing engaging content that inspires and motivates your audience? Are you an analytically-minded team player, who is excited by the constant evolution of social media? If so, we’d love to learn more about you.
We’re seeking a Social Media Strategist to join the Talent Marketing team and manage our Capital One Careers social media content strategy. With the goal of positioning Capital One as an employer of choice, you’ll curate, produce and publish engaging content to give prospective candidates an authentic glimpse into #LifeAtCapitalOne.
What the Social Media Strategist will do:
- Manage and evolve Capital One’s Talent Acquisition social media content strategy.
- Partner with internal creative resources to produce a monthly editorial calendar that positions Capital One as an employer of choice across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Curate compelling associate stories through internal networking and external social listening.
- Partner with our media vendor to ensure all paid media is launched and optimized.
- Monitor and moderate all social conversations via Sprinklr, our social management tool.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional Legal and Corporate Communications team to gain alignment on all content and new strategies.
- Lead associate photo/video shoots to showcase a day in the life of Capital One associates.
- Research and evaluate new social media platforms and tools for reaching and engaging talent.
- Monitor and report on channel performance to identify insights and optimizations.
You’ll love this job if you:
- Have a positive attitude – if we called your colleagues, they’d gush over how much they love working with you.
- Get excited about educating your peers and leadership on the impact of Social Media marketing.
- Are detailed-oriented and organized, capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
- Energized by bringing new creative ideas to the table and testing & learning to determine the best path forward.
- Take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask thoughtful questions, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating.
- Are articulate and prepared – able to confidently substantiate your decisions to peers and senior-level executives alike.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience.
- At least 5 years of social media marketing experience.
- At least 1 year of paid social campaign experience.
- At least 1 year of content marketing or journalism experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in multichannel marketing.
- At least 1 year using a social listening platform.
- At least 1 year of experience in financial services or other highly regulated industry.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.