Background & Purpose of the Job
The world of Foodservice is dynamic and exciting. It involves working with customers ranging from restaurants and hotels through to pub chefs and workplace, school or hospital caterers – as well as the wholesalers and cash and carries who service the foodservice industry.
Unilever Food Solutions is the dedicated foodservice business of Unilever which operates in more than 70 markets across the globe. The UFS portfolio consists of many of the world’s leading food brands like Knorr, Hellmann’s, & Lipton with products that are made by chefs for chefs. We work closely together with our counterparts on the retail side to make sure our brand strategies are aligned, we are creating great front of house brand experiences out of home and taking advantage of the each other’s strengths.
As part of the broader Foodsolutions marketing team (Category marketing, Operator marketing and Digital Conversion), you will be part of a dynamic and flexible team where people are encouraged to think differently to develop marketing activities that work.
As an organization we provide:
- The opportunity to work in a highly professional and entrepreneurial environment
- Insight driven marketing that puts our customer at the heart of everything we do
- A strong culture with passion for food, chefmanship and for living our brand promise of bringing inspiration every day to our customers, operators and guests
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The Operator Marketing Manager Strategic accounts will report to the Marketing Director for North America and will be responsible for developing the plan and delivering the growth ambitions of strategic chains operators, retail foodservice channel and hotels in partnership with the sales and culinary team. He/She is the leader for the OCT (operator conversion teams) and business partner for both the strategic chains sales team and the tea company team. The operator marketing manager is also responsible for external third party relations such as CIA and industry events.
- Local insights, foresights and operator understanding (use of industry data such as Technomic, Data essentials, Cleveland as well as ad hoc research)
- Develop and execute the integrated BSP marketing plan.
- Track performance and develop and implement corrective actions.
- Actively support Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan and Unilever Food Solutions’ mission to Free Chef’s to Love What They Do
- Lead the professional development of two direct reports
- Design and implement operator journeys with a strong focus on digital, that support the BSP marketing and sales plan
- Always-on 80/20 content plan for all relevant operator groups.
- Deploy and amplify big activation ideas.
- Adapt and adopt Brand Experience Toolkits (BET).
- Execute Perfect Launch with CD.
- Lead key customer support
- Customer business case development
- Engage with brand teams as a key team member on innovation projects
You’re a born leader: You enjoy creating sustainable strategies to drive business growth. You enjoy the challenge of unlocking growth for categories/segments/brands.
You’re a strategy guru: You have a passion for delivering growth and solutions year after year. You enjoy a challenge to keep your customer in a leadership position in the market.
You’re a dot connector: be part of a dynamic and flexible team where people are encouraged to think differently to develop marketing activities that work
You’re a culture & change champion: work closely together with our counterparts on the retail side to make sure our brand strategies are aligned
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- MBA or relevant academic qualification in Business and/ or Marketing
- Several years of experience in a similar role
- Cross functional leadership skills
- Project Management experience
- People Management experience
- Marketing strategy development
- Brand Activation
- Digital Conversion
- Budget management
- Understanding of the foodservice environment (working knowledge)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and processes at one time
- Advanced Presentation skills
- Proficient analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
To apply for this job please visit unilever.taleo.net.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.