The WFMT On-Demand Content Editor will help make WFMT.com and its other digital platforms a destination for arts and music content in Chicago and around the country. This position is responsible for recruiting and coordinating the work of the best audio and video producers to create interesting and timely arts content primarily through podcasts and videos with an emphasis on, but not exclusively about, classical music and Chicago. They will develop and brainstorm story ideas, edit all content and will incorporate best practices for storytelling, digital audience engagement and growth, journalistic ethics, research, fact-checking and work under deadlines. They will also use best practices to develop marketing plans for the content.
This is a one-year contract.
- Identify and recruit promising audio and video producers and crews from around the country to contribute work to WFMT.
- Commission, edit and fact-check original video pieces, including occasional timely opinion content, about classical music and the arts.
- Coordinate video production of performances that take place in WFMT’s Levin Performance Studio.
- Act as show runner for WFMT original podcasts and video series.
- Research and utilize best practices for audience engagement and growth.
- Upload content and make changes to content under the direction of WFMT staff.
- Help evaluate effectiveness and implement new strategies for growing digital audience.
- Administer payment and permission/release process for all freelancers in a timely manner.
- Experience producing audio and/or video content about the arts for a professional website.
- Demonstrated interest in classical music and the arts more broadly.
- Familiarity with the arts scene in the Chicago.
- Proven online writing and journalism skills.
- Demonstrated experience researching and fact-checking content.
- Demonstrated experience assigning and editing other peoples’ work.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of journalistic ethics and procedure.
- Knowledge of audio and video editing.
- Familiarity with and connections within the audio producer community.
- Familiarity with or interest in narrative and online storytelling.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required.
To apply for this job please visit chj.tbe.taleo.net.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.