The Binghamton Devils are looking for a dedicated, energetic team player to fill the role of Media/Community Relations Manager. This qualified individual will take on the primary role of social media creation and activation, and community involvement/integration year round. In addition this individual will assist in the management of day-to-day hockey media relations efforts, including printing/distributing game notes, game credentials and overseeing the press box operations on game nights. This position will also have the opportunity to sell community partnership packages year round.
Assist in the management of the team’s social media department covering all home and away games as well as posting regularly scheduled content and fan interactive/creative content. Also assist with the effective off-ice media exposure for team marketing and business initiatives with community relations, tickets, youth hockey and corporate partnerships. Manage, schedule and communicate the team’s involvement in the community with players, mascot, etc. year round.
• Maintain a schedule, manage and execute a heavy load of team community events: school visits with players/mascot, festival events, youth hockey visits with the goal of growing the game of hockey in the Southern Tier.
• Cover community events via team social media platforms and document complete details of contacts and events in team CRM database.
• Work alongside the Broadcaster to create articles for the team’s website, local media, while also pitching non-traditional and human-interest stories to media contacts.
• Compose media / game notes for all games (home and away) and distribute to locker rooms, press box, visiting team, officials, meal room, suites.
• Manage all full-time and game night interns for the Media & Public Relations department, including off-ice officials.
• Manage media press lounge, press box during games, distribute notes after each period, and execute post-game media interviews. Cover all home and away games via social media.
• Manage credentialing operations for all Devils events, including but not limited to practices and games.
• Create projects in Photoshop (flyers for games, graphics for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories). Able to edit graphics and the end of each period during games, and post game.
• Set up, track, and share media coverage of all Devils events and announcements through daily news clippings, TV, and news clippings archive.
• Catalog game photos for internal use and local media outlets.
• Other projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of hockey, including but not limited to, rules, history, stats, etc.
• Strong skills in Photoshop, Word, Excel.
• Previous experience with use of HD video camera and minor video editing software
• Must have strong working knowledge with proven examples of social media platforms
• Attention to detail; team oriented.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as directed by game and events schedule.
SALARY: Salary plus commission structure. Benefits package included.
No Phone Calls Please. There are no relocation expenses available for this position.
- How did you hear about this job?
- Do you have previous experience in media relations with a sports franchise? If so where, when and in what capacity?
- Do you have previous social media activation experience with a professional organization? If so where, when and in what capacity?
- Do you have previous sales experience? If so where, when and in what capacity?
- Have you used a CRM database? If so what platform?
- In what timeframe would you be able to start this position should you be selected?
To apply for this job please visit www.teamworkonline.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.