Official Title: Marketing Specialist
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Availability: Open until filled; for best consideration apply by Monday, May 28 at 5 p.m.
WPR’s Marketing Department is committed to strategic storytelling and communications that engage audiences to increase awareness of, and revenue for, the station’s award-winning content on-air, online and in communities across Wisconsin. The Marketing Content Manager supports WPR’s statewide marketing and development strategies through writing, editing and copywriting for member and donor communications, media releases, on-air and online promotions, station advocacy, headlines and slogans; project management; creative brief development; digital engagement and evaluation. Also oversees community partnerships, events and promotions in the South Central Region. Reports to the Marketing Director and coordinates activities with the marketing, development, and programming departments at WPR among others.
- Write, edit and post/distribute marketing, public relations, and development materials including print and digital promotional copy, broadcast promotions, media releases, audience-facing e-newsletters and related communications. Support station advocacy and public relations efforts.
- Work with the Marketing Director and team to implement and evaluate marketing campaigns that support programming, development and other station initiatives.
- Manage department writing projects and creative briefs, gathering information from internal stakeholders to identify marketing team assignments, deadlines and budgets.
- Lead the writing and production of WPR’s Annual Report and station fact sheets.
- Foster and maintain relationships with diverse community organizations in the South Central Region (and statewide as needed) to build brand awareness, engagement and audience through partnerships and collaboration.
- Represent the department and the South Central Region on weekly regional manager calls and in-person meetings, manage regional on-air promotions and the regional R2 newsletter.
- Collaborate with regional managers and graphics staff on regional ad placements, content and planning.
- Collaborate with events manager on promotion, implementation and branding for events.
- Comply with UW and UWEX code of ethics: http://www.uwex.edu/bami/ethics.cfm
- Demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships and interactions and effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and in organizational interactions, including communication and decision-making.
- Other duties as assigned by Marketing Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Strong writing and editing skills with experience in feature writing and/or marketing and promotional copywriting.
- Project management background working with complex projects and/or outside partners.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the skills, vision and diplomacy to productively work with staff and others in a variety of cross-departmental and partner projects.
- Ability to juggle priorities and work some non-standard hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years’ (FTE) experience in marketing, communications, journalism and/or public relations.
- Proven experience in project management and creative collaboration and problem solving.
- Experience with community engagement, partnership development and public speaking.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently in highly collaborative environments under pressure to meet deadlines.
- High level of organization, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with other staff, management, community partners and vendors.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for print/digital publications, social media and audience research projects.
- Demonstrated support of and commitment to supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Design and/or event management experience
- Donor/member development experience
- Supervisory experience
We expect to pay in the high forties to low fifties with actual pay dependent upon qualifications, experience and official title. UW-Extension offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous vacation, sick leave, health insurance and pension.
HOW TO APPLY
For best consideration, submit all application materials online at our applicant portal https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu by 5/28/18. Search for job #14286. Please include: a detailed cover letter outlining how your background and experience compares to the job duties and qualifications of this position, resume and the names and contact information, including email addresses, for at least three references, including at least one supervisory reference, and at least three writing samples of promotional or journalistic work where you were the primary author. Direct inquiries and online support questions to: Christine Whitten, Wisconsin Public Radio, 821 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, 608-263-0477; Christine.email@example.com.
- This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling the person listed above.
- Employment is contingent upon establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- It is the policy of UW-Extension to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Betsy Nelson; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A criminal records background check will be conducted for final candidates. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Convictions and pending charges will be considered only if they are substantially related to the circumstances of this position.
- As a unit within the University of Wisconsin Extension, WPR is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and no qualified applicant will be eliminated from consideration. WPR is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion. We want our staff and programming to reflect the rich culture and diversity of our state and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.wpr.org.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.