Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing students to be leaders and problem-solvers.
|Working Title:||Marketing and Communications Manager|
|Role Title:||Professional Faculty|
|About Virginia Tech:||Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.|
|Position Summary:||Marketing and Communications Manager reports to the Director and is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic plan for marketing and communications within Cranwell International Center (CIC). The position will provide leadership and oversight for all marketing and communications, including but not limited to social media, website, data analysis and visualization, grant writing and editing, graphic design, fundraising proposals, annual reporting, storytelling, and a wide range of other strategic-level marketing and communications efforts.|
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
|How to Apply for this Job:||For more information go to jobs.vt.edu and search for posting number AP0180143. The review date is set for 6/11/18.|
|Employee Category:||Administrative and Professional Faculty|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt: Not eligible for overtime|
|Tenure Status:||Non-Tenure Track|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Pay Range:||Anticipated starting salary of $55,000 (commensurate with experience)|
|Department:||Cranwell International Center|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Work Schedule:||M-F, 8AM-5PM|
|Job Posting Date:||05/08/2018|
|Review Begin Date:||06/11/2018|
|Job Close Date:|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education – online
- Chronicle of Higher Education – print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium – HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper – print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission – VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other – Not listed (please describe below)
- Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References
To apply for this job please visit listings.jobs.vt.edu.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.