The Manager – Content Marketing is responsible for leading efforts to define, communicate and execute editorial and content strategy for all Houston Methodist marketing efforts. Leading a team of writers and editors, including web writers and marketing copywriters, the Manager will direct the content strategy educating stakeholders, building consensus and increasing cooperation. The incumbent will edit all content, develop and manage an editorial calendar, and review, approve and assign content requests, identify opportunities to develop or improve content across all media channels. The incumbent provides guidance and direction on all content development initiatives to ensure exceptional quality and brand compliance, i.e., that the brand voice and tone are consistently upheld.
The Manager Content Marketing utilizes exceptional writing and editing skills, a strong command of content marketing best practices, proven ability to craft effective advertising messages, and the ability to translate data into actionable recommendations to improve the effectiveness of marketing initiatives across all media channels- print, web, social, etc.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
– INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
– COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
– ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
– RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
– EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE – 20 %
1. Supervises writers, editors and content contributors to ensure that all content is on-brand and consistent in style, quality and tone of voice. (EF)
2. Works closely with creative and business teams to ensure content is of exceptional quality and that final results meet the intended business goals.
SERVICE – 20 %
1. Leads development of a range of content assets, such as advertisements, newsletters, guides, infographics, checklists, blog posts, videos, email campaigns and web content to drive patient volume, brand preference and consumer engagement. (EF)
2. Establish a clear work flow and service standards for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. (EF)
3. Collaborates with marketing and business leaders across the organization to develop and execute an effective content strategy and editorial plan to meet business objectives. (EF)
4. Leverages market data to develop content ideas that drive deeper user engagement and stronger brand preferences.
QUALITY/SAFETY – 30 %
1. Ensures all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and (in the case of digital) optimized for search engines and user experience. (EF)
2. Develops and maintains a rolling editorial and content calendar tied to key themes that support our overall go-to-market strategy and align with key personas and target audiences. (EF)
3. Enhances current editorial style guide, including guidelines for how to write for different personas.
4. Conducts regular internal and competitive content audits to measure content performance and make adjustments informed by clear and disciplined analysis.
FINANCE – 10 %
1. Gathers and analyzes data to make recommendations for improvements and enhancements to content initiatives across all channels.
GROWTH/INNOVATION – 20 %
1. Contributes to website development roadmap, recommending feature enhancements, and improvements to IA/UX.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o A bachelors degree in journalism, English, literature, public relations or related field.
o Minimum of 7 years experience performing related work
o Health care writing experience ideal but not essential
o Experience with content management systems preferred
o Experience leading a content development team
o Professional writing experience in the area of marketing copywriting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
o Exceptional writing and editing skills, demonstrates proficient proofreading and copy editing.
o Proficiency in content marketing is essential, including developing compelling and effective advertising copy.
o Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
o Ability to work both independently of and cooperatively with team members; able to collaborate with copywriters, designers, subject matter experts and marketers.
o A thorough knowledge of contemporary editorial and web practices.
o Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
o Has a strong command of content marketing best practices
o Able to translate data into actionable recommendations
Work Attire Yes/No
Business professional Yes
Other (dept approved) No
On-Call* No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel within Yes
Houston Metropolitan area
May require travel outside No
of Houston Metropolitan area
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.houstonmethodistcareers.org.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.