Business Title: Manager, Brand & Content
Department: NA Marketing
Solid line to Vice President, Marketing, US
At Berlitz we are transforming the way the world communicates. As the world’s leading language training and cultural education company, our mission is to give people the confidence to communicate in a global environment in order to achieve their dreams.
Our instructor-led training approach and multi-platform delivery is the most effective way to learn a new language. In 2017 we delivered almost 6 million language lessons for 53 different languages in over 70 countries to 300,000 customers.
Join us on our journey to change people’s lives.
Summary of Position
Berlitz is looking for a talented and creative person to oversee all brand and content marketing initiatives across a range of channels and formats to drive brand awareness, lead generation, customer engagement, retention and advocacy.
This person will own the Berlitz brand in the USA market, and generate compelling and impactful content for key segments of the language learning and training market. This is a chance to make your mark in growing marketing team for a truly global brand going through a digital revitalization.
- Own all aspects of the Berlitz brand for North America, including bringing the brand essense to life and ensuring consistency in tone of voice and messaging across all communications
- Develop the core messaging framework and value propostion for Berlitz products and offerings
- Project manage the development of compelling and engaging content aimed at the corporate, consumer and kids audiences, including video, blog posts, social media posts, website content, whitepapers, printed collateral and email nurturing
- Balance the creative and content needs between SEO/lead generation and brand building
- Be the connective tissue between the marketing team and the field, including liaising with product and program managers on marketing initiatives and communicating updates from the marketing team
- Work in conjunction with Digital Acquisition, SEO, Web Development and Product Marketing to create brand and content campaigns that deliver on all marketing and business goals
- Be the voice of the customer within the marketing team
- Conduct regular market research, including competitor analysis, message testing and brand awareness tracking
- Support the network of learning centers with strategies for local demand generation campaigns and marketing collateral
- BA or BS in Marketing or related field
Key Attributes and Experience:
- 5+ years working in brand marketing and/or content creation
- Keen understanding of brand, how to measure key brand metrics and how to build equity over time
- Natural storytelling ability, with skills in crafting a narrative and getting to the emotional core of a story
- Experience working with freelancers and agencies (such as copywriters, designers and strategists) to create quality content
- Excellent written communications skills and comfortable presenting strategies and plans to C level executives
- Superior project management skills with the ability to manage multiple streams of creative work
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Excellent people skills, a team player who enjoys building cross functional relationships and leading through influence
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and strives to continuously improve
- Passion for education and a strong belief that language learning has the power to change lives
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Experience building out audience journeys in marketing automation platforms such as Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Marketo
- Understanding of digital acquisition and SEO strategies
- Experience in the education field a plus
At Berlitz, we believe in providing with the most competitive benefits available, so we offer the following benefits for our regular full-time employees:
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Credit Union (McGraw-Hill)
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Discounted Berlitz Language Lesson
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits TransitChek
- Medical and Prescription Drugs/ Dental / Vision
- Flexible Spending Account – Medical and Dependent
- Paid Time Off including Vacation, Holidays, Personal, and Sick Leave
- 401K – Employer matches 50% of employee’s first 10% of deferred contribution, upon meeting eligibility requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.
Berlitz is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit re12.ultipro.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.