For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker’s®, Folgers®, Jif®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Crisco®, Café Bustelo®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Sahale Snacks®, Smucker’s® Uncrustables®, Robin Hood®, and Bick’s®. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael RayTM Nutrish®, Meow Mix®, Milk-Bone®, Kibbles ‘n Bits®, Natural Balance®, and Nature’s Recipe®. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Manager, Advertising & Content Production
Senior Director, Marketing Communications
The Manager, Advertising position leads the Advertising Center of Excellence and is responsible for elevating the impact of advertising and creative content to help build superior brand equity and drive business results for our JMS Pet brands. This individual works in a matrix organization helping to set the strategy, guide creative development/execution and continually optimize the work. They also manage external agencies and oversee production budgets and agency fees.
- Manage the development and execution of advertising and creative content for the Pet brands. Work closely with a cross-functional team (brand teams and COE’s) to develop compelling creative briefs, impactful and channel-agnostic campaign ideas and flawlessly execute these ideas on time and on budget. Ensure appropriate measurement and tracking plans are in place to measure performance and optimize the work.
- Lead the day-to-day operation of Advertising activities for the Pet brands including overseeing timelines, managing the creative review and approval process and managing the budget process.
- Manage agency partners in planning, developing, executing and measuring advertising and creative content initiatives. Oversee the agency evaluation process and support the scope-of-work and fee negotiation process to ensure we are getting the most “bang for the buck” from our agencies.
- Manage and develop a direct report (Advertising Coordinator).
- BA/BS degree in Marketing or Communications
- At least 5-7 years of Advertising, Marketing Communications or brand management experience is required
- Advertising experience and expertise in strategic development, creative/content development and production including video, print, OOH, radio, still assets, digital content and social content is required
- Agency experience a plus
- CPG experience a plus
- Experience managing agencies is required
- Experience managing and developing talent is required
- Experience in social, digital and emerging media channels
- Success developing and executing complex, large-scale, channel-agnostic campaigns that build brands and drive business
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Creative champion
- Experience leveraging consumer insights to drive to better briefs and stronger work
- Ability to synthesize data/results, identify trends and present innovative advertising solution
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence internal business partners in a highly collaborative manner and experience bringing together diverse points of view
- Must be highly organized, proactive and detail oriented with a track record of developing and executing projects on-time and on-budget
- A strong client-service orientation with the ability to build positive and highly collaborative relationships
- Must be able to represent the company in the highest degree of professionalism when dealing with both internal and external constituents
To apply for this job please visit smucker.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.