MicroVentures, a leading equity-based crowdfunding platform, is seeking a Jr. Content Writer to support our marketing efforts.
In this role, you’ll work directly with marketing and senior leadership to increase engagement and build awareness of our brand. You’ll partner with our due diligence team in promoting innovative startups.
What you’ll do at MicroVentures:
- Write and proofread short- and long-form copy for marketing, advertising, and social media purposes
- Brainstorm and pitch topics for blogs, whitepapers, and other educational content
- Assist with fast-paced editorial calendar by scheduling and publishing blogs, social media posts, and emails
- Research, check factual accuracy, and uphold editorial guidelines on all content pieces
- Collaborate across departments to provide a creative, editorial POV on content, as needed
- Provide a consistent, engaging voice for MicroVentures
- Stay up-to-date on changing regulations and startup/tech news
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in the financial/venture capital/startup industries is preferred
- A passion for content creation; someone who cares that no fact goes unchecked, no weak subject line is glossed over, and no grammatical error is shrugged off
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable communicating with sophisticated audiences and explaining highly technical or complicated subjects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work under pressure and proactively manage workload
- Curiosity about MicroVentures and the startups we work with
- Experience with MailChimp, Intercom, Hootsuite, WordPress or Asana a plus
- Candidates must reside in or be relocating to Austin, TX, to be considered
- At least TWO writing samples and a cover letter must be submitted
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Healthcare, dental, disability
- 401(k) + match
- Company equity
- A challenging, fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Fully stocked break room and Chipotle Wednesdays
To apply for this job please visit hire.withgoogle.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.