Walker & Company Brands is an e-commerce company that is completely reinventing the way consumers learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black and latino consumers — two of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
Our aim is to build the world’s most consumer centric health & beauty products and services company.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Walker & Company is seeking a freelance copywriter to lead the content development across a large variety of web, email, digital marketing, social and retail formats for both of our brands; Bevel and FORM. We are looking for someone who can communicate and elevate the brand voice. Writing inspiring copy is their craft, but they know how to deliver marketing communications that engage customers. They have a passion for writing to multicultural consumers and are continuously optimizing communications to meet business goals. Local Bay Area candidates only, our office is located in Palo Alto.
- Contribute to the evolution and articulation of the brand voice and identity
- Write, edit, and oversee the creation of all brand copy, from email to large scale marketing campaigns. This includes marketing campaign copy and tag lines, video scripts, product descriptions, website copy, emails, and in-store signage
- Internal content expert – Bring new content ideas and formats of storytelling
- Partner with Creative Director, Designers, Brand Marketing team to ensure campaigns and projects are cohesive and the written words are a compelling experience.
- Stay on top of the latest grooming/beauty trends and education Maintain high standards for writing and proofreading
- 4-5 years experience at an agency or in-house writing copy for brands or startups
- Compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high caliber copy within a variety of digital campaigns
- Experience writing for and understanding of multicultural consumers
- Strong conceptual skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong grasp of language, grammar and familiarity with AP style Strong copy-editing skills
- Self starter and capable of working at a fast pace on many different projects
- Willing to work part time with flexibility in working hours
- Haircare, beauty, and/or grooming experience
- A degree in English, Journalism, Advertising or Communications
- Knowledge of SEO and SEO strategies that work
- Experience writing for social media
We have the support and financial backing of top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms and angel investors and our team has great experience building and growing many beloved consumer technology brands. We are looking for the most talented individuals across marketing, engineering, product and design functions to join our family and accelerate our growth while helping us build a great company.
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
• It’s an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
• Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
• Our office is conveniently located in downtown Palo Alto, just a 3 minute walk to and from the Caltrain station. Great coffee shops and restaurants surround the office.
• More benefits! Amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, competitive equity packages, unlimited vacation and personal days as needed.
• We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.