Apria Healthcare is one of nation’s leading providers of home healthcare products and services including respiratory therapy, sleep apnea therapy, non-invasive ventilation therapy, enteral nutrition therapy, negative pressure wound therapy and home medical equipment. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, Apria owns and operates branch locations across the nation and serves more than 1.8 million patients each year. With over $1 Billion in annual revenues, Apria is one of the largest home healthcare companies in the United States. Apria was the first company of its type to obtain voluntary accreditation from The Joint Commission and has been continuously accredited for more than 25 years. For more information, visit www.apria.com.
The eCommerce Content Specialist will be responsible for production of critical marketing and product selling copy for Apria Healthcare branded websites and marketplaces. This role will map out and deliver best in class multi-faceted content for Apria products sold on our branded ecommerce websites as well as retail partner sites and marketplaces. In addition, the eCommerce Content Specialist will manage vendors to deliver additional marketing copy such as (but not limited to): Email, Blog and Affiliate Marketing copy, and ensure all content is consistent in terms of frequency, style, quality, brand and tone, and well-constructed and prepared for SEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop evergreen product content guidelines to provide to all content vendors to maintain a standardized approach to content development and delivery.
- Manage content vendor effectively to develop highly effective, original, SEO enhanced, and targeted product descriptions, features and benefits.
- Maintain Apria Healthcare brand copy and imagery consistency throughout all branded websites and marketplace content.
- Develop guidelines to approach and oversee the research of products to discover benefit-focused product details, features, functions and specifications for online content.
- Oversee and manage the development of blog posts, web content, and other copy as needed for all ecommerce web properties.
- Review, proofread, edit and / or revise submitted copy for accuracy, grammar, and punctuation. Deliver quality sales copy to effectively sell the product.
- Collect and catalog all product photography, video assets, whitepapers, user guides and other marketing material critical to the sale and conversion of the product online.
- Maintain, update and utilize database / content management system for all product copy.
- Work cross-functionally with the Web Development Team to update product content across all websites.
- Document, standardize and streamline the content development process.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications is required.
- 3-5 years of copywriting & editing experience in a digital marketing or DTC (Direct-to-Consumer) eCommerce function is required
- SEO product copywriting experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Meticulous writer with an eye for editing and proofreading.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to manage content vendors to agreed SLA’s (Service Level Agreements)
- Fast learner who thinks outside of the box to achieve goals.
- Ability to multi-task and easily adapt to shifting priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Proactive in finding (sometimes creative) solutions to issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly, persuasively, and diplomatically to a wide range of personnel and levels.
- Must exhibit a passion for the company’s growth stage in ecommerce and desire to expand and grow awareness for the Apria Healthcare brand and products online.
- Proficient to expert experience with Microsoft® Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- College level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
- Must be willing to work occasional weekends, and holidays from remote office to support launch and critical project timelines.
Education and/or Experience
- Prior healthcare or medical device marketing experience is a plus, but not required
- Experience with Magento Enterprise and DOMO Analytics is a plus, but not required.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to moderate noise.
Occasional travel as required.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
To apply for this job please visit careers-apria.icims.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.