A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
The eCommerce Content Specialist plays a critical role and is responsible for flawless execution of eCommerce content management by working with various stakeholders to ensure our customers have streamlined access to all high quality product content (product information, copy, imagery, and marketing assets) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ownership and full tactical execution of the larger eCommerce product content distribution efforts for Royal Canin and Eukanuba portfolios
- Secure all aspects of eCommerce assets and product information in a consumer relevant way to drive conversion with our brands
- Robust understanding of timing and product specifics for innovation, renovations, and discontinuation and communicate how changes will impact all endpoints, including retail partners, commerce platforms, rating and reviews, buy now, search, and analytics.
- Connects product content internal and external stakeholders in an efficient and effective way in order to execute content for retail partners
- Manage eCommerce Content lifecycle in the Product Content Management (i.e. Salsify and Wrike) tools
- Identify and prioritize projects along with assigning and tracking timelines
- Super User of Product Content Management tools including execution of all workflows, approvals, content completeness and accuracy
- Ad-hoc manual data/content updates
- Serve as the main point of contact for field sales team regarding all product content requests.
- Proactively communicate to field sales team on an ongoing basis with all product content information
- Intake new retailer requirements, coordinate development of properties and build into PCM tool.
- Manage, develop and execute ad-hoc trouble shooting and content requests from the field
- Serve as super user of PCM system (i.e. Salsify) and responsible for running and maintaining readiness reports.
- Identifies and provides recommendations to address opportunities in current content management process.
- Troubleshoot data issues, identify process improvements, drives for automation and when occurs validate and monitor all endpoints.
- Support work with agency partners to ensure all projects are captured, measured and reported to ensure completion.
- Participate in weekly/bi-weekly meetings and status updates with agencies and internal teams (Sales Planning, Brand Marketing, Project Management, etc.)
Context and Scope:
Under the leadership of the eBusiness team and eCommerce Sales Director along with close collaboration with Trade Marketing Manager, Brand Marketing, and eCommerce Agency, the eCommerce Content Specialist is responsible for the tactical execution of the eCommerce product content life cycle. This person serves as the expert for PCM tools, main contact for field sales team and helps to troubleshoot any issues. High quality product content must be delivered accurately and on time and execution must be aligned with business stakeholders and key retailers, such as: Amazon Chewy, Vets First Choice, VetSource, Petco, PetSmart, etc. This role is a process and highly executional focused role and requires a high degree of autonomy in a constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in related field, i.e. business, marketing or communications
- 2+ years – required digital marketing experience
- 2+ years – required experience in coordination role, exposure to project management, and solid collaboration and communication skills
- 2+ years – preferred eCommerce product content management and copy writing experience, and proficient in tools such as Salsify, Profitero, Clavis, Oneclick etc.
- Proven project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Exceptional communication skills to educate & report across all key performance metrics
- Experience in managing brand portfolios of products online
- Experience/familiarity with data management tools and processes
- Have basic commercial understanding of eCommerce and experience working with retailers
- Understand core business metrics and tools
- Prior experience at a large CPG organization, retailer or agency with exposure to teamwork, systems, data, insights and learnings
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: Field Sales, Data Management, Project Manager, Sales, Data, Technology
To apply for this job please visit jobs.mars.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.