The Digital eCommerce Site Merchant provides a unique opportunity for a digital professional to play a critical role in helping to grow global digital business within The Genuine Parts Company (GPC). Based in Atlanta, this person will be a member of the Digital Channel Management team and play a key role in helping operate and grow revenue of our Automotive eCommerce sites.
As a Site Merchant, this role will be responsible for establishing online merchandising objectives for a category or categories of merchandise. This will involve creating and building a business on napaonline.com, and other automotive eCommerce sites with current/new processes, while leveraging the products, processes, and assets from our existing selling models. The Site Merchant will be involved in the online assortment planning process to focus on selling online and supporting our stores. The Site Merchant will work heavily with product teams, pricing teams, retail promotions teams, eCommerce operations teams, and others as needed to drive increased online sales.
Additionally, this role will help drive the financial planning process and manage the process from recommending targets to pricing optimization. This role also entails increasing online conversion through online analytics, user experience, and on and off-site merchandising and increasing attachment rate by identifying and improving cross-sells and other cross-merchandising opportunities.
- Promotional execution, identifying and developing solid product content, optimizing online navigation, and maintaining clean well merchandised category pages
- In collaboration with the product team, led the development of brand sites and category-specific sections of the site to focus on improving traffic, conversion, and sales
- Maintain and accurate online promotional calendar at all times working with the promotions team, product teams, marketing, and third-parties to ensure adequate time to develop product content, and focus our marketing tactics to drive specific promotional traffic
- Build and maintain sales forecasts for categories and promotions
- Recommend online merchandise assortments by category and continually evaluate, analyze, and adjust assortments based on performance and sales trends
- Analyze, forecast and interpret market and consumer trends for online implications in partnership with other teams including product, inventory planning, and others
- Conduct regular merchandising reviews of competitive websites to understand their merchandising and promotional strategies to inform our approach
- Work with the digital analytics team to analyze promotions as they pertain to specific business area and react accordingly. Provide recommendations on future promotions based on past performance and industry insight.
- Work with the Digital Content Services and eCommerce teams to monitor and manage on-site search, facets to ensure relevant results
- Review and make online assortment improvements based on consumer feedback
- Participate in the product lifecycle planning with the Site Owner and eCommerce delivery team and ensure that all teams are aligned with the business strategy and approaches the business from a customer-centric perspective
- Develop expert understanding of the customer and be able to anticipate and build to their needs and improve their experience on the site
- Provide recommendations to teams based on customer feedback and known issues to improve functionality
- Analyze information to make decisions and/or influence change
- Advise internal groups on all issues relating to the digital sites
- Maintain knowledge of current systems, applications and functionality
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations
- Develop and enhancement subject matter expertise of the brands, product lines, and customers served through our automotive eCommerce sites.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years in product management and eCommerce (hybris experience is ideal, but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or other relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate and work internally across all teams as well as externally with partners and vendors
- Active listening, superior written and oral communication skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for interaction with internal stakeholders, vendors, senior management and staff
- Superior problem-solving skills, prioritization, project management, multitasking, focus on detail and comfortable taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Background in or passion for user experience and human-centered design a plus.
- Automotive or Industrial industry experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.genpt.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.