We're a global nonprofit dedicated to building a world where everyone has access to the financial tools they need to improve their lives.
Women Entrepreneurs Empowered by Technology in Myanmar
“Finally, I can spend more time with my customers." Meet Aye Aye Myint and follow her day as she works with women-owned businesses in Yangon, and see how technology is helping. We're proud of our work with DAWN Microfinance to get ready for Myanmar's smartphone-powered future, and are inspired by Myanmar’s emerging entrepreneurs.Posted by Accion on Thursday, July 20, 2017
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
About The Center for Financial Inclusion:
The Center for Financial Inclusion at Accion is an action-oriented think tank that engages and challenges the financial inclusion industry to better serve, protect and empower clients. We develop insights, advocate on behalf of clients and collaborate with stakeholders to pursue achieve a vision for financial inclusion that puts customers first. We are dedicated to enabling 3 billion people underserved by the current financial sector to improve their lives.
CFI seeks a Digital Content Strategist and Editor to help tell our story.
The Digital Content Strategist and Editor works to raise CFI’s profile in the financial inclusion sector and beyond. This key position will work across CFI, as well as with external partners, to maintain a robust and aligned digital content strategy and to grow our audience.
CFI is currently revamping its digital properties, preparing to celebrate its 10th anniversary, and strategically planning the future direction for the next 10 years and beyond. As such, the Digital Content Strategist and Editor will be joining the team at an opportune moment to contribute to and execute on these major organizational milestones.
The ideal candidate has developed, refined and executed digital content and social media campaigns for a global organization in the financial inclusion, international development or social good space. Experience managing corporate/organizational social media accounts, writing and sourcing effective digital content, working with executives and coordinating across teams is essential.
The position, based in Washington, DC, will report to the CFI Communications Director, and work closely with the CFI Managing Director.
CFI Blog Editor
Independently manage CFI’s core media outlet, the CFI Blog, a daily source of news and opinion on financial inclusion:
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar and blog cadence. Plan for and time blog posts to align with internal priorities and external moments, leveraging CFI/Accion tracking tools, and adapting as necessary.
- Execute blog editorial strategy (syncing with the Managing Director), guiding which posts CFI pursues and publishes, shaping the direction of blog posts, and integrating the CFI Blog into CFI projects.
- Review, edit and proofread all posts, shepherd content through approval process, and source imagery. Publish posts on web platforms, optimizing for SEO, information architecture, legibility and visual appeal. Monitor and approve comments and alert authors of relevant comments.
- Regularly write blog posts, including ghost writing posts, and writing under own byline. Interview staff and external stakeholders as part of content development process, and source blog posts from within and outside CFI. Manage external blogger relationships.
- Train CFI staff to blog more effectively through training sessions, discussing prospective and in-progress blog posts, and offering guidelines, outlines, and other support and resources.
- Compile CFI Blog readership and other web analytics monthly.
Social Media Strategy and Management
Independently manage CFI’s social media engagement:
- Plan, write, and publish compelling CFI and financial inclusion content for social media accounts; explore new social media channels.
- Manage paid advertising campaigns and ad budget. Develop and report on KPIs.
- Research and track peer organizations’ social media campaigns to benchmark CFI campaigns, glean insights, and refine CFI social media strategy, as appropriate.
Independently manage CFI’s newsletters:
- Plan, develop and execute bi-monthly newsletters, routing through editorial/approval processes. Includes proofreading, formatting, testing, and publishing newsletters.
- Explore and innovate newsletter concepts and offerings to better engage audiences and grow subscriber base.
Support CFI communications and marketing efforts, including:
- Regularly maintaining and updating parts of the CFI website
- Attending industry events, networking and facilitating discussion on behalf of CFI; live tweeting and blogging as appropriate.
- Leveraging CFI staff industry engagement activities (i.e., speaking opportunities, event attendance, etc.) to effectively promote CFI and its thought leaders.
- Developing collateral or resources to contribute to Accion/CFI institutional knowledge and communications assets.
- Providing advice and support to CFI project teams, including editorial planning, copyediting/proofreading, “covering” events, etc.
- Ensuring availability of up to date CFI collateral as needed by staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of developing content and social media that builds audience engagement.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Knowledge of AP and Chicago styles. Must be able to write/speak clearly and concisely and edit prudently. Strong attention to detail.
- Skilled at explaining complex concepts using accessible language, and repurposing into visual/multimedia formats.
- Strong understanding of – and experience leveraging – digital analytics and insights to inform audience engagement and content decisions.
- Financial inclusion or international development background preferred.
- Proven ability to work in teams, as well as independently, and to manage multiple projects with often short and overlapping deadlines.
- Excellent at multi-tasking with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to “think on your feet” and “pivot” effectively.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Deep interest in financial inclusion and our mission.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, with a bachelor’s degree.
- Interested in our mission and working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
- Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
- Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.
To apply for this job please visit jobs-accion.icims.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.