The copywriter and content strategist is responsible for implementing content strategy and creating engaging content for a variety of platforms and audiences. This position works to improve the user experience with timely, on-brand, and engaging content on the Westminster College website. This position collaborates with the web content strategy team to promote an understanding of web strategy and best practices across campus. The copywriter and content strategist works closely with the editorial director to generate and copyedit content for the Office of the President and departments across campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Infuse all website content with consistent brand language, tone, and voice.
- Maintain quality and accuracy of website content as it evolves over time.
- Coordinate with web team to improve the user experience.
- Work with web content developer to approve website edit requests.
- Collaborate closely with UX lead and web content developer to determine timelines for implementation and requirements for new content areas.
- Write for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Manage student workers.
Writing and Editing
- Produce copy for marketing materials, advertisements, and other projects, as needed.
- Write articles as assigned for the Westminster Review alumni magazine.
- Coordinate project discovery with other members of the office to develop consistent messaging across all communications, including press releases, marketing materials, and website copy.
- Communicate project timelines and expectations with clients across campus.
- Support strategic communications for the president’s office and departments across campus.
- Copyedit content produced by student workers for the web and print materials.
- Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Four years of related work experience.
- Ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives in a respectful and inclusive manner.
- Proven writing skills across different platforms.
- Strong understanding of content strategy and web-writing best practices.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a team.
- Capacity to manage work load and time in alignment with strategic priorities.
- Ability to advocate for diversity and inclusion across campus and within digital content.
- Experience in copyediting.
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of Google Analytics, SEO, and website accessibility best practices.
- Experience with content management system.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
Application & Supplemental Information
Interested in this position? Apply by clicking the “Apply” button above. Please include your cover letter, resume and three professional references. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westminster College provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, gender, disability, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.