Healthline.com is the fastest-growing health information site on the planet. Every month, over 85 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families. We create authoritative content that’s highly relevant, approachable and actionable. And we complement that with a culture of genuine compassion. In short, were changing the consumer health information business and we need exceptional people like you to help us do it. If you share our vision for a stronger, healthier world please explore Healthline Media and lets talk.
Healthline produces a range of content under the health and wellness umbrellahealth-related news stories, lifestyle articles on topics such as Pilates, and in-depth pieces on health conditions and treatments. Were looking for a seasoned copy editor who is equally diverse to copy edit content published on our website, Healthline.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the final set of eyes on articles, you’re responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality that separates Healthline from the rest. And were obsessed with constantly creating better and better content. You’ll not only enforce the (style) rules, but also help set new ones.
This role will work closely with editors across many different types of projects. You’ll need excellent communication skills to hit deadlines and resolve roadblocks. The role is ideal for someone who likes a fast-paced environment, is able to bounce from project to project, and thrives on collaboration.
The copy editor will report to the senior project manager in our San Francisco office- remote candidates may apply!
- Edit news, lifestyle, and clinical content for style, tone, and flow.
- Correct grammar, punctuation, and formatting errors.
- Conform content to in-house style.
- Review sources for quality and proper citation format.
- Communicate with editors and medical reviewers to resolve inaccuracies.
- Perform quality assurance on published content.
- Provide feedback to editors on quality of work.
- Update in-house style guide and documentation.
The right person for the job will have:
- A firm understanding of AP style and APA formatting.
- A hawk-like ability to catch errant punctuation and grammatical mistakes.
- A knack for making content flow.
- A love of language.
- An astute sense of appropriate style, voice, and tone.
- Strong skills in meeting deadlines and prioritizing workload.
- High editorial standards.
- Experience with a content management system.
- Experience with tracked changes in Microsoft Word.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
Minimum education level:
Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, or related field
2 years of copyediting experience
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.