This position will support the business, and will focus on writing, editing, sourcing and publishing content for the website and interactive media. This includes websites, online advertising campaigns, e-mail marketing and other online marketing initiatives. This position is critical to our overall corporate content strategy. The Content Producer will be responsible for ensuring that content on our site and blog is fresh, compelling, informative, SEO-friendly and shareable. This role will work collaboratively with a cross functional team to determine the conceptual and copy direction of branding and advertising initiatives, while also contributing to the overall brand identity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Research, write and edit customer, company, and industry relevant content, including but not limited to: weekly blog posts, email campaigns, landing pages, paid search ads, in-store materials, product information, etc.
- Serve as the company’s expert concerning best practices for defining content type, style, development, and publication, while maintaining the brand tone and voice.
- Plan, write and execute shareable content ensuring consistency while meeting established standards.
- Collaborate with internal departments and agency and marketing partners to identify content opportunities relevant to National General brands that can be use in a variety of ways.
- Oversee and maintain a shared content calendar for assigned brands with release schedules for planned articles and content.
- Follow SEO best practices in writing meta-descriptions, page titles, and content, and use strategic HTML markups to optimize content.
- Monitor ongoing content performance for future optimizations.
- Coordinate publishing efforts with Legal, Marketing, Web and other departments to ensure content is approved, SEO-optimized and tagged for web analytics tracking.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 3+ years of experience in writing exceptional content
- Keen eye for content that is engaging, sharable and relevant with strong journalistic skills
- Demonstrated experience in web publishing using a content management system
- Familiar with SEO best practices and creating content that contributes to search engine relevance
- Strong collaborator with ability to meet the needs of a diverse stakeholder group
- Ability to manage and meet multiple commitments with strict attention to detail
- Naturally inquisitive and self-motivated, goal-oriented, a strong communicator and a team player
- Ability to lead and participate in strategic, creative brainstorming sessions
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects with various business owners
- Experience working effectively with subject matter experts to produce content and secure approvals
- Possesses effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with agency partners
- Knowledge of Sitecore or WordPress
- Content strategy focus with analytical mindset
- AP Style Writing
- Insurance industry knowledge
- Basic proficiency in HTML and CSS
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
To apply for this job please visit careers.nationalgeneral.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.