Type: Part-Time, independent contractor
The focus of the Content Writer role is to assist our clients with writing related projects. We are seeking a part-time freelance writer who is self-motivated, demonstrating expertise within writing to include sales & landing page creation, article writing, email sequences, press releases, website copy, e-books, proofreading, and editing with the discipline required to work remotely and unsupervised while delivering high quality results and keeping all company information confidential. Additionally, they will demonstrate responsiveness and professionalism, be detail-oriented, be organizationally and technologically savvy, communicate effectively and timely, and be results-oriented. Ultimately, this role is to assist with maintaining VaVa’s client marketing initiatives.
This role also includes serving as a member of the company’s virtual team, including monthly calls and in-person meetings (if applicable) and serving as an example of the company’s mission. Relational, humble, resourceful, dedicated, intellectual and intuitive, with high attention to detail (spelling and grammar), and an English native speaker.
- Represent VaVa Virtual Assistants in a positive and professional manner.
- Embody the company’s culture at all times and during all interactions.
- Collaborate with and assist the Leadership Team while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Operational Responsibilities:
- Create clear content campaigns that align with client marketing objectives and company goals.
- Produce, edit, and customize content for all platforms including website, social media, and print.
- Coordinate with graphics team for any necessary visual elements.
- Proofread and edit before submitting to client.
- Perform research for blog posts, articles, guides, e-books, and other content.
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone).
- Write and A/B test web copy, including CTA’s, value proposition, and landing pages.
- Work with the Leadership Team to analyze content performance metrics.
- Proficient Skills in:
- Must have previous experience as a Content Writer with a portfolio of past work
- Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles/tones
- Ability to do research on a variety of topics from multiple sources
- Impeccable spelling, grammar, as well as editing skills (in English)
- A deep understanding of consumers and what motivates them online
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO best practices
- Some experience with online marketing and lead generation
- An understanding of formatting content on the web
- Strong experience with software like Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Must be organized and on top of all daily / weekly / monthly tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Scope of Work:
- Client interaction to develop content strategies and topics
- Write engaging, converting content across various platforms
- Review all work with an eye for detail, meeting client expectations
- Communicate strategy effectiveness and make recommendations as needed
- 2+ years of content writing experience
- 1+ years experience work remote/virtual related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Skilled with copywriting, press releases, email sequences, e-books, article writing, website copy, and sales/landing pages
- Experience with technology in: Google Suite, Basecamp, Slack, Microsoft Suite
- This is an independent contractor position
- This is a remote position to be fulfilled from a professionally equipped home office
- This position pays $15 per hour, paid on a monthly basis.
- Hours vary. As the business continues to grow, so will the hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume in the body of your email (no attachments) to email@example.com with subject line CONTENT WRITER. If you attach your documents, your application will not be accepted. In your cover letter, please address your specific interest in VaVa Virtual Assistants, what you can bring to the company with regards to it being a virtual company, how you will be successful in this virtual role, and include information about previous experience as related to the skills outlined above. Please allow up to two weeks for applications to be reviewed and responded to.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.