Req ID: 20463
Experience Level: Manager
Other Location(s): N/A
Relocation offered: No
Travel required: a. Up to 25%
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
The Content Strategy Manager oversees the activities, performance and process of the content strategy team and external creative agencies to ensure high quality and timely deliverables. You will create and oversee the content strategy across online and offline channel. You will be a leader within the Creative team of Capital Group, which is a multi-disciplinary group of designers and content strategists who collaborate closely with each other and the larger organization to create compelling, user-friendly and informative customer experiences for a variety of audiences.
As an advocates for the customer experience perspective, you work closely with both the business and Marketing functional groups to identify and implement projects, process changes, improvements and efficiencies and ensure a solid creative practice. Acting as a resource to the team, peers and other business groups you help to drive and execute innovative ideas. This includes having a strategic understanding and vision of the short and long-term business, web and user experience needs to effectively manage and direct projects.
- Provide content strategy oversight and leadership from initial concepts through execution.
- Manage creative process to ensure efficiency, user experience consistency and coordination with system development and production processes.
- Oversee content strategy and messaging governance and provide support to team members working within cross-functional teams.
- Create and evolve the content strategy and editorial guidelines, ensuring consistency and predictability to the end user.
- Oversee the development of clear, consistent nomenclature for tools and applications; direct the creation of new systems to tag and organize new and existing content and site navigation.
- Partner with Editorial groups throughout organization to help define content structures and identify how content from different channels is related and shared.
- Collaborate in joint initiatives concerning the delivery of content management capabilities.
- Oversee the creation of information architecture deliverables.
- Meaningful experience in Content Strategy, user-centered design practices and experience in creating digital and analog content.
- A problem solver who demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence groups and more senior associates.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in leading and facilitating a variety of meetings.
- Ability to effectively manage people resources to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
- A continuous learner that stays abreast of industry trends, technology and practices that may impact the department.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.39 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Content Strategy, Marketing Manager, User Experience, Marketing, Strategy, Technology
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thecapitalgroup.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.