Are you a strong writer? Do you love technology, but find yourself critiquing the writing in your favorite app? Do you have a knack for showing people how to get things done the easy way? If that sounds like you, join our team! Cvent is hiring a Content Specialist to write compelling content for web and mobile applications and create documentation that helps customers succeed.
You’ll join a team of talented content specialists who work collaboratively with designers, developers, product managers, and usability experts to create content that helps users explore our product. This position is part of the Content Strategy team within Cvent’s User Experience (UX) department.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborate with other teams to write easy-to-understand user interface text
- A strong eye for grammar and a deep respect for content style, voice, and tone
- Help to drive a vision for our product content across all platforms
- Provide leadership to the content strategy and UX teams to ensure content meets both business objectives and user’s needs
- Gather and prepare technical product documentation and new release highlights for clients
- Review, edit, and develop internal processes and documents
- Improve the application through content reviews and user testing
- Research, analyze, and provide usability feedback to the product team
- Assist in maintaining an application content style guide
- Articulate your content choices and the thinking behind your work (fight for your words!)
- Work closely with the Localization team to make sure content translations are done correctly and quickly
What You Need for this Position
- BA/BS in Technical Writing, Communication, Marketing, Journalism, or related field
- 0-2 years of experience in UX writing, technical writing, product documentation, or equivalent
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with designers, engineers, and product managers
- Passion for creating a great user experience
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
- Ability to learn new technology and applications quickly
- Superior attention to detail
- Not afraid to ask questions and give ideas
- Ability to communicate with different audiences
- Willingness to take initiative and be accountable for your own work
- Working knowledge of styles, HTML, and Microsoft Office required, Adobe products a plus
- Knowledge of any online help software, content management system, XML, layout/design software, programming, and databases
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision,semi-annual bonuses, 401K match, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.