Posting Job Description
Who we are
International Newsource is a unique team that bridges CNN’s award-winning newsgathering and programming content with hundreds of affiliate partners around the world. Our essential mission is to manage the relationships with our global affiliates — and to provide “difference-making” content, live events and location services for them. This is done in partnership with our CNN International Commercial (CNNIC) team. We also work with our affiliates to assist CNN with vital early coverage on breaking news, on-going stories, viral videos, editorial, and special reports.
International Newsource (INS) works closely with many groups inside CNN and Turner: the domestic Newsource team and their 900+ affiliates across the US, CNN bureaus, Special Events, Documentary Unit, CNN Vision, HLN, Guest Bookings, PR, Marketing and Turner International.
We are a constantly evolving team, working creatively to sustain and expand our business, services, products and technology to benefit both CNN and our partners.
What part will you play?
As an INS Content Producer, you will create strong relationships around the globe, learning what varied news outlets really need to stand out in their media marketplace. You will share relevant content from CNN networks and top journalists with affiliates. You will produce our live feeds: live events coverage sent out on our satellite and multiple livestreams. You may also be part of field teams when we provide location services for clients at major events, like the 2016 US Election and the Inauguration. We are always adding new ways to help our affiliates, so your ideas will be welcome in this crucial outward-facing role.
Through the affiliate relationships you cultivate, you will secure the first pictures on the scene during international breaking news for CNN networks. In the same way, you will keep an eye on what the affiliates are covering to help CNN Digital remain the #1 source of news on all digital platforms.
What will you be doing?
- Provide relevant content to affiliates through our Newsource website – with thoughtful, accurate scripting while producing the best video and images to enhance their newscasts and digital properties
- Communicate daily with key contacts at affiliates and inside other departments/CNN platforms
- Produce smart, competitive live events on feeds for affiliates via satellite and livestreams
- Newsgathering for video and editorial from affiliates in breaking news and major stories
- Coordinate live shots for affiliates with CNN talent and affiliate lives for CNN Networks (CNN, CNNi, CNNE and HLN)
- Source, pitch and write stories for CNN Digital platforms
What do we require from you?
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, media studies or related studies.
- 5 years’ experience in a news environment or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Additional language skills are preferred.
- Editorial awareness and curiosity, agility, prioritizing, multi-tasking and time management are key. The ability to make, maintain and utilize positive, professional relationships is helpful in this role.
- Ownership and accountability, being comfortable making informed decisions in unexpected situations are important – along with an interest in global media, people and cultures.
- Strong technical and logistics skills relative to both TV and Digital
- Flexibility: we are 24/7 operation responsible for global breaking news and affiliate support every day of the year.
To apply for this job please visit careers.timewarner.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.