What We’re Looking For
The Content Marketing Team is seeking a deadline-oriented writer to pitch, report and write education stories for our university partners based on their core values and their faculty’s research – turning academic research into comprehensive storytelling for the general public. In this role, you will find and pitch great ideas; research, report and write data-driven stories; and work with editors, designers, and a multimedia team to usher your ideas from light-bulb moment to exceptional final product. The ideal candidate is a news junkie and idea machine who loves puzzles and can build a great story from scratch. This is not a 24-hour news cycle — you are able to create long-form stories, are free from story counts and have plenty of room to hone and refine your work.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Hunt down, report and write exceptional stories with ambitious content goals
- Pitch content ideas to both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop compelling infographics, data visualizations and other digital content that attracts readership and encourages sharing
- Collaborate seamlessly with editors, graphic designers, video producers and social media editors to brainstorm and produce content
Things That Should Be in Your Background
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework in journalism, communications, English, or similar
- At least two years of experience researching and writing in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions without close supervision
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Willingness to travel to the campuses of our partner schools as needed
- Experience in SEO and organic marketing
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services, and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U’s No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Spontaneous dance parties
- No Asshole policy
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
To apply for this job please visit 2u.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.