At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Developer team is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join us in Westford, MA. In this role, you’ll coordinate our content efforts across our website, blog, third-party sites, and internal workgroups. You will work with the developer evangelists, product managers, and Web Strategy team to develop and manage our content plan. You’ll be responsible for securing external and internal resources to create content and you’ll oversee and manage implementation, budget, and reporting. You will also work with marketing program management to help define and deliver copy and content for campaigns, web sites, and other marketing activities. This is an individual contributor role, however, you will be responsible for managing a team of contractors and promoting coordination and implementation across a collaborative, matrixed organization.
Primary job responsibilities
- Develop and implement content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
- Work with a cross-organizational team to develop against a master content calendar for the Developer team
- Motivate and impact cross-organizational partners through strategy and implementation to support developer narratives for external consumption commission articles across organization
- Serve as an editor, providing overall guidance and feedback on content created across the organization, ensuring we exceed brand and voice expectations; proofread and check accuracy of articles and improve stories of pieces of interest for appeal
- Contribute as a writer, creating new appealing content
- Review existing content and determine what is viable and what needs to be archived; manage content aging process across all content outlets
- Work with web strategist, develop a comprehensive cross-linking strategy with all applicable Red Hat sites to deliver content at point of need for developer
- Act as brand and voice steward for all content and images deployed within program
- Manage Red Hat Developer blog; integrate blog into content program and lead proactive versus reactive blog submissions
- Develop external content contributor program
- Contribute to the overarching Red Hat modular content project
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style, and layout
- Optimize content according to modern SEO standards
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
- Develop and manage content distribution strategy to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with modern content marketing developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- 7+ years of demonstrated work experience as a content manager, writer, or editor
- Practical experience with Google Docs, WordPress, and Microsoft Office; Drupal Content Management System (CMS) experience is a plus
- Basic familiarity with Marketing Automation Systems like Eloqua or similar
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or relevant field
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
To apply for this job please visit us-redhat.icims.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.