AWS Security’s Growth Strategies team is looking for a well-rounded and experienced Content Manager who will be a strong customer advocate and a resource closely working with a wide range of writers and topics.
Refined “soft skills” are important in this role because you’ll need to maintain a very high quality bar while encouraging a diverse and largely volunteer group of authors to submit and support content development. You’ll work with product leaders and technical experts on content that ranges from high-level conceptual descriptions to technical deep-dives and “how-to” procedures. You’ll be able to help them all make their content relevant to the AWS audience and feel good about the process of getting there.
This role has a broad charter and your responsibilities reflect that.
You’ll work on both tactical and strategic levels:
- Perform all levels of edit, with a strong emphasis on developmental editing
- Stage the content, including some light graphics work, and publish it
- Create social media posts to promote the content
- Contribute to process development and continuous improvement
- Manage your own projects and contribute to the overall project management framework
- Analyze data and apply your insights to content, processes, and strategic initiatives
- Develop strategic initiatives, implement them effectively, and be willing to hand them off successfully so you can develop more
- Work independently with confidence, but with an awareness of and commitment to helping your team succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Demonstrable experience creating content for both consumer and technical audiences
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- HTML, XML, or other markup language
- Strong creative and conceptual thinker
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of an organization
- Proficient using a CMS and other content creation tools
- Experience with SEO
To apply for this job please visit us-amazon.icims.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.