About Content Marketing at IBM
People are bombarded and disrupted by over 14,000 messages a day. The world doesn’t need more content; it needs better content. Hence, the IBM Originals team was founded to be the storytelling arm of IBM. We create stories and content experiences that matter to our audiences, move them to act, and cut through the noise in the market.
The IBM Originals team believes that content is the best way to build relationships at scale and that stories must be creatively told, uniquely delivered, and useful to our audience. We are seeking Content Leads to actively lead campaign content for each of IBM’s Business Units. Do you have what it takes? Want to be part of a company where science and creativity collide to make the new big bang in content?
About this Role: Content Lead (Writer)
The successful Content Lead (Writer) will possess an established talent for creative writing and storytelling, including the ability to develop great brand storytelling concepts across the digital ecosystem, write clear and persuasive editorial, campaign, client stories and web copy. This writer must be capable of writing in a wide range of styles and of managing numerous concurrent projects at different phases of development. This role reports to the Editor-In-Chief.
You’ll do everything from uncover insights and tell inspiring stories, to creating inspired brand stories and bring inspiration to the world products, services and experiences. You will revel in the art of the details, with an itch to shape the bigger picture. You will cut straight to the heart of the matter, and love making complex stuff feel simple and intuitive. You will persuade tough crowds, fluidly crafting different tones to meet your audience. You will be nimble, and easily able to shift from punchy headlines, to long-form stories. You will push your craft, and experiment with new and better ways to convey a message.
In addition to advanced writing skills, this writer must also possess strong project management skills. This position demands someone who can not only write creatively, but who can think creatively—someone who can lead brainstorms and present strategic rationale for writing choices.
This role is in New York City.
- Contribute to brand storytelling and editorial initiatives
- Assist in creation of content strategy
- Lead ideation process to turn data/insights into thought starters and sparks of creativity and stories
- Communicate a brand tone of voice that sets the copy strategy for all written assets for a brand
- Write long-form, immersive web copy
- Research relevant product and competitive information
- Leverage consumer insights gained through product and consumer testing
- Present work in creative reviews and obtain stakeholder approvals
- Track multiple projects and meet urgent deadlines
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A degree in the Arts, Communications, Journalism, English or other similar creative writing and/or design field is strongly preferred.
- Candidate must have strong writing and editing skills. Candidates will be asked to submit writing samples and the interview process may involve the development of work to prove your skills in a real world simulated environment.
- This job may require travel between 20% and 50% to meet with BU personnel, key content and agency partners, etc.
- Must have 6+ years of experience in a content role preferably at an agency, new media company or brand content studio
- Must have good organizational skills and willingness to track all content progress in one of our content tools like Kapost
- Passionate about taking a new-media approach to content: using data to inspire ideas
- Evidence of being a collaborative partner yet provocative thought leader
- An understanding of media planning, distribution, measurement, optimization, and syndication of content.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.