CheapCaribbean.com is an Internet-based travel company specializing in beach vacations. Our mission is to ‘Rock the World through the Wonder of Travel’! We are the industry leader in Caribbean vacations and are expanding rapidly, including launching a new site, Beachbound.com. As many fast-growing e-commerce companies, we have a fun, entrepreneurial, non-hierarchical culture, with an office that is more akin to Silicon Valley startups than a traditional corporate environment.
At the same time, we are part of Apple Leisure Group, which gives us resources that are out of reach for many smaller companies. Our senior leaders and many of our team members hail from the world’s largest online travel agencies and other travel businesses, making us a great place to build up your knowledge of the travel industry while getting a level of ownership and breadth of responsibilities that would be hard to find in a large corporate environment.
As Content Coordinator, you will be responsible for sourcing, editing, creating and publishing content for the company’s website and general marketing needs, assisting with the customer feedback tool and working with the content team to create inspirational, appealing social and blog posts. You will bring our brand positioning to life through engaging content that enables our customers to research destinations, resorts and activities throughout the Caribbean and Mexico. What could be more fun?
Our employees describe our culture as challenging, exciting, collaborative, energetic, rewarding, cool and happy! Come and see for yourself!
- Works with Content Team to write and update resort descriptions in brand voice
- Works with Content Team to update blog – including optimizing previous content for SEO, create content calendar and write intriguing blog posts
- Works with marketing team to create and implement content in support of online and offline marketing initiatives
- Assists with customer feedback platform – communications, reporting, collecting valuable content
- Create an awards log and work with marketing team to submit for relevant honors
- Manage content curation process with resorts as outlined in content strategy
- Assists in maintaining property photos for the website – optimize photos by resizing, colorization and formatting as necessary
- Prepares and uploads multimedia assets to the Content Management System CMS)
- Assists with migration of content to new CMS
- Assists with in-house production and video shoots to create assets for social and blogs
- Works with marketing team to fulfil general needs
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision
- Strong writing skills and good professional judgement regarding company brand voice, communications, etc.
- Solid interpersonal skills (externally and internally)
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Proficient in Photoshop
- Good understanding of color management for the web, image formats and their effects on file size, appropriate file naming conventions preferred
- Basic knowledge of HTML and prior experience using Content Management System is a plus
- Willingness to learn new technology
- Fast learner, able and willing to acquire new skills as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications/Journalism
To apply for this job please visit careers7-appleleisuregroup.icims.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.