No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You’ll help improve the health of millions. And you’ll do your life’s best work.(sm)
The Optum Communications Consultant will support and execute internal communications programs that elevate Optum’s reputation and connections with employees, specifically in support of the OptumInsight business.
The Communications Consultant will be responsible for preparing and executing broad-based and stakeholder-specific communication programs and messaging, which includes leveraging tools, processes and feedback effectively. This position will interface with management and subject matter experts in support of their employee engagement priorities. This professional will be a member of and contribute to the broader Optum corporate communications team, and will actively leverage Optum assets and success stories in support of the company’s priorities. Working with partners in Marketing, Human Capital, Optum business segments and others, s / he will ensure that communications programs are consistently aligned with the company’s overall business goals and core values and delivered with high quality.
The individual must have a strong interest in and understanding of the health care system as well as a desire to be part of an organization committed to helping make health care work better for everyone. Working closely with the OptumInsight business, s / he will serve a broad range of internal clients, providing consistently high levels of proactive support and execution.
Essential qualities for success in this position include a collaborative disposition, uncompromising eye for quality, comfort with change, resourcefulness, creative problem-solving, multi-tasking skills and flexibility.
If you are located in Eden Prairie, MN or Washington D.C., you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with business contacts and Communications peers to execute internal communication plans that reinforce the business plans, strategies, mission and values of Optum and assigned business divisions
- Write and develop content tailored to the specific medium and audience requirements (e.g., emails, speeches, scripts, talking points, web, etc.). Adapt writing style / tone to meet the needs of the specific message / leader / audience / channel (e.g., nuance, complexity)
- Adhere to applicable internal and external communications standards established for the business (e.g., internal style guides, Chicago / AP style guides, communication industry standards)
- Analyze audience needs and business goals to recommend appropriate channels and tactics. Proactively seek out and promote new avenues for communication efforts or improve current efforts
- Prepare multi-media presentations for employee or leader meetings
- Coordinate, design and distribute company communication using HTML design tools or other shared applications. Maintain distribution lists and audience data
- Use quantitative and qualitative measurement / evaluation processes to assess the effectiveness of communications (e.g., web and email analytics, surveys, focus groups, site visits, direct feedback).
- Manage communication projects to gain required approvals and monitor / ensure proper implementation (e.g., leadership, legal or compliance requirements, role assignments, timelines / milestones, budget management, issue tracking, deliverables)
- Evaluate communications programs and processes; identify lessons learned and recommend changes for future campaigns based on results (e.g., apply metrics to determine success of the process)
- Responsible for maintaining and adhering to policies and procedures and monitoring company media, which may include company websites
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years corporate communications experience
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, ability to persuade and build consensus with stakeholders
- Experience editing and proofreading with excellent attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Experience communicating in multiple media (e.g., print, email, web, video / audio) through multiple channels (e.g., manager-to-employee, employee or leader meetings, web portals, intranet, webinars, social networking platforms)
- Experience with multiple tools, including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and others such as SharePoint, Jive and HTML tools
- Ability to effectively process and understand complex situations and technical subjects, and translate them clearly in layperson’s terms
- A strategic thinker with analytical skills
- The knowledge, intellect and temperament to work effectively in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Willing to complete a communication writing assessment
- Experience developing communication plans
- Health care communications experience
- Affinity for tools and technology
- HTML and image editing experience
- Experience measuring communication campaign effectiveness
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: multi-media communications, healthcare communications, internal communications, corporate communications, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Washington D.C., District of Columbia
To apply for this job please visit careers.unitedhealthgroup.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at email@example.com so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.