A leading innovator of less invasive medical solutions that transform lives around the world.
Boston Scientific 2017 Performance Report
At Boston Scientific, we take seriously our responsibility to our patients, employees, communities and planet. See just a few highlights below, and read more in our performance report: http://bit.ly/2qDoWl7Posted by Boston Scientific on Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
Boston Scientific is recruiting for an accomplished and passionate communicator to join our growing communications team and make meaningful contributions by helping to engage our stakeholders in the Boston Scientific mission to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. We are seeking a Communications Manager to serve as a thought partner and strategic counselor to business leaders and cross-functional partners while overseeing the strategy and implementation of external and internal communications for the company’s Structural Heart franchises which develop minimally invasive solutions for valvular conditions and atrial fibrillation-related stroke. This includes the WATCHMAN Left Atrial Appendage Closure device and two transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) devices: the LOTUS edge and ACURATE neo platforms. This position will be located in Maple Grove, MN.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead integrated communications plans in support of overarching business objectives in close partnership with marketing, health economics and reimbursement, clinical, regulatory and other key functional leads.
- Manage public relations and media outreach in support of products and pipeline innovations, including regulatory approvals, product launches, clinical data and patient education programming.
- Oversee the development of public relations programming and projects with public relations agencies; serve as point of contact for with agencies for projects and budgets.
- Provide ongoing council and maintain regular interactions with marketing and business management partners within the Structural Heart division.
- Advocate for new and creative ways to tell compelling stories and experiences that drive measurable results.
- Conduct media training for business leaders and serve as a company spokesperson.
- Partner with colleagues in Europe, the Middle East & Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America on key external activities.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications teammates to share external and internal best practices to enable cohesiveness across divisional and functional communications.
- Provide input into social media strategies and content, promoting business specific opportunities relevant for Corporate channels.
- Ensure a consistent and coherent voice in all communications that aligns with Boston Scientific corporate positioning and messaging.
What we’re looking for:
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent field.
- 10 + years of communications experience within a corporate or agency environment
- 6 + years of health care communications experience within a corporate or agency environment. Experience within the life sciences and medical device industry is preferred.
- Demonstrates broad experience developing and executing strategic communications plans and correlating metrics while managing competing priorities.
- Regarded as a proven and respected communications counselor to key leaders within an organization.
- Brings strong media relations capabilities and experiences. Relationships with key media contacts is highly desirable.
- Demonstrates business acumen and fluency in topical health care news and industry trends, as well as a deep understanding of public perception and issues as they pertain to the medical device industry.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of target audience, highly effective writing style and expertise in high-impact messaging to broad audiences. Ability to articulate complex information in simple and relatable terms.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed in support of medical congresses and other meetings.
- Performs as a self-motivated, solutions-oriented communications professional who will recommend innovative communications approaches and take initiative in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits highly organized, detail-oriented work style with outstanding follow-through skills.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and has familiarity with major social media platforms and digital tools.
- Adept at working in a team environment while also displaying independence, initiative and enterprise; ability to maintain high productivity while balancing competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bostonscientific.com.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.