Job Title: Brand Director, Chivas, Gins, High End Irish
Reports To: VP, Marketing
Location: New York, NY
As Brand Director, the individual in this role would act as the day-to-day owner-operator of the Chivas brand, Gins (Beefeater and Seagram’s) and High End Irish brands (primarily Redbreast whiskey) in the US. Chivas is the leading super-premium blended Scotch in the world and the mission is to restore it to its rightful place as a relevant and iconic brand in the US market, redrawing the battle lines in the category and recruiting new consumers from outside the immediate category. This role will also have responsibilities for Royal Salute. The Gin & High End Irish categories have massive opportunity in the US that this individual will be unlocking. Redbreast is the spearhead if the Pernod Ricard High End Irish category offerings, as it is the most awarded single malt Irish whiskey in the world.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Strategic Planning: Own and deliver the annual operating plan. Lead the development of breakthrough consumer and customer programs, which will include an arsenal of assets and trade facing programs.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Develop, deliver, and iterate plans continuously with a resourceful, obsessive, and fearless mindset.
- Agile: Results-orientation and ability to operate with agility to run with test and learn approach.
- Innovation: Lead innovation development in conjunction with brand company.
- Collaboration & Integration: Lead a cross functional and agency working team, which includes but is not limited to the global brand companies, agencies, field marketing, sales, consumer insights, and other business departments fostering and building a strong multi-functional team. Collaboration, alignment, and influence with multiple stakeholders is a key to success.
- Competitive Analysis and Implications: Assist with the development of the Strategic Brand Review by analyzing category opportunities, identifying key consumer targets, innovation opportunities, and activation strategies.
- Training and People Development: Leverage the capabilities of a larger team (immediate brand team, cross functional teams, and agencies)
Nature & Scope: Position typically works with members of the central marketing department, divisional marketing, sales management, agency personnel, as well as various vendor and provider representatives.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing; Master’s in business or marketing preferred.
- Proficiency in MS-Office.
Experience / Background:
- Between 10-12 years business/marketing exp, with 8+ years of brand management experience preferably with consumer goods company working on culturally iconic brands.
- Must have managed a team.
- A familiarity and an appreciation for the commercial aspects of the business is required.
- Beverage Alcohol industry experience a plus.
- Solid experience in strategy/brand development, including brand positioning and brand building activities.
- Strong leadership/management skills.
- Strong financial / business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as outstanding aptitude for time management.
- Thoroughness, creativity, interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills as well as proficiencies in problem solving, and the ability to multitask are requirements.
- People skills are a must.
Travel Requirements: Approximately 25% travel to field locations and/or activations, experiential events, etc.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company’s leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob’s Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
* Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
To apply for this job please visit pr.taleo.net.
Note to All Applicants:
Please include this sentence “I’m a potential candidate applying from jobs.visualcontenting.com” in your application to your desired job.
Remember to send a copy of your application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help you in any case necessary. Please specify in your email the Job Title and Job Link on our site.